Vw Transporter T6 T32 2017 4motion Cab Smells Of Fumes.

I’ve had two of those pipes split. Mines a bi-turbo, first one was replaced like for like, second had more concertinas. Van is 17 plate and has done 70k. See how long the redesign lasts but would have thought vans that haven’t failed yet should be done. VW probably don’t see emissions in the cab as a problem, watch the Dirty Money doc on Netflix. Out of warranty the part apparently costs around £130 and an hour to fit, I’m extending my warranty.

Just a quick update on this, it was in fact the EGR concertina transfer pipe, apparently they have now fitted a modified replacement part.
Let's hope that puts an end to over a month of misery and inhaling fumes through the vents.
Got mine in being worked on today and they’ve found this problem. Also had fumes coming through into the cab.

Recon was an issue with the original design, the new one I had fitted about 30k ago now is still ok.

I had another one break though which meant I heard a puff of air then no power while overtaking. Roadside came out and found this other pipe in the same area had separated from the flange. Looked like it was press fitted, and simple come out. Top tip :cool: repaired by turning the flange round (other side had a taper), refitted over pipe then used bull nose hammer to open the pipe so it couldn't come off again. That's lasted about 20k so far.

Back