Vw Tiguan 4motion 2013 help

r8ger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Just bought a 2013 Tiguan 4 motion. As per norm after checking round it and getting it hole I’ve noticed that the front tyres are 225/55/18 and the rears are 235/55/18. Initially I didn’t think of it being an issue but ready on the net I’ve seen that mixing tyre sizes could potentially give issues with the transmission/ 4 motion system and now the wife is saying it’s making some funny noises.

Does anyone know if the tyres would be ok (or not) and any advise on what to look out for with regards gearbox/ transmission problems so I can try and get them resolved while still under warranty.

Thanks in advance.

no, they should be the same to protect the Haldex.

a quick google suggests the correct size is 235/55/18
1651251752323.png

Depending on wear state of each tyre, there is about 12mm different front to back which is far from ideal.

1651251263111.png

Definitely worth getting corrected and noted should any transmission issues arrise in the future case of this

no, they should be the same to protect the Haldex.
Thanks Loz, what does the Haldex do exactly?

a quick google suggests the correct size is 235/55/18
View attachment 154934

Depending on wear state of each tyre, there is about 12mm different front to back which is far from ideal.

View attachment 154933

Definitely worth getting corrected and noted should any transmission issues arrise in the future case of this
Thanks. I was thinking the same although was unsure how much it may affect the car?

Back