Supermetal Cell 255/55/18 or 235/55/18

Sabaxter

T6
T6 Pro
Good afternoon guys I've read through loads of threads and still can't find the definitive answer.
At the moment I'm ru nine 20inch black alloys that came with the van, they are wrapped in 275/40/20 now personally I'm wanting the swamper look but also the added comfort.

The roads near me are full of speed humps and potholes and although the current alloys are having no issues at all I'd like a bit more comfort and also the support from the tyre that mudtracks and slight floods near our caravan can be conquered.

That brings me to thee supermetal cells 18inch in bronze, i think they will contrast my blackberry nicely as well as adding so e additional style and open up different drive styles

My question is the bf Goodrich tries, what are we all running?

255/55/18
Or
235/55/18

I've looked at online calculators but a lot of the info goes over my head.

Any pics of similar setups? Also mine is 4 motion dsg

Thanking you all in advance

The 255/55 18 looks great as a swamper tyre, but it's pretty big, so I would only recommend if you are at or above standard ride height. Here's a link to another thread on here showing a swamper we built recently with 18" SuperMetal compass and 255/55 18 BFG AT2 tyres, the van is raised 25mm above standard. As a SuperMetal dealer I can supply the cell with those tyres, just send me a direct message if you would like a quote. Cheers.

The 255/55 18 looks great as a swamper tyre, but it's pretty big, so I would only recommend if you are at or above standard ride height. Here's a link to another thread on here showing a swamper we built recently with 18" SuperMetal compass and 255/55 18 BFG AT2 tyres, the van is raised 25mm above standard. As a SuperMetal dealer I can supply the cell with those tyres, just send me a direct message if you would like a quote. Cheers.
Please do forward me a quote I'm on standard suspension to my knowledge

The 235/55/18 swamper is near on the perfect size tyre against the factory size and would 100% be my recommend for your requirement - Especially if not raising it. We even lower on this size and it’s perfect. The 255 is only recommended when raising and going full swamper . There are two offsets available on the 18” Supermetal as well, one that will sit the wheel out and fill the arch better, although it’s meant for a different vehicle. But works really nice and can give the van a real stance.

HTH

The 235/55/18 swamper is near on the perfect size tyre against the factory size and would 100% be my recommend for your requirement - Especially if not raising it. We even lower on this size and it’s perfect. The 255 is only recommended when raising and going full swamper . There are two offsets available on the 18” Supermetal as well, one that will sit the wheel out and fill the arch better, although it’s meant for a different vehicle. But works really nice and can give the van a real stance.

HTH
Which offset brings the wheel out to the arches a little more? Can the standard vw wheel nuts be used?

Which offset brings the wheel out to the arches a little more? Can the standard vw wheel nuts be used?
Yes designed for the standard wheel bolts and Et30 is the size. On a lowered van the stance is really nice on this size. Sits the wheels out 20mm further than the standard Et50.

Any pics of the above set up? I am in the market for some Cells and wondered how they would look.

Back