VW Sportline 340mm Brake Kits

@moomin-j - Got any pics of the T6 340mm set you're fitting? Where are you getting them from?
Had 'em a while, bought from a fellow T6 Forum member who had been to see Oli @BognorMotors for some bigger 6 pots.
20 odd thousand miles young.
Although bought painted red, I had them stripped, refurbed, smoothed & painted Candy Apple Red.
From these folk: The Best Brake Caliper Painting Service with a Lifetime Warranty
Will be fitting them early next year, with already bought Nutexa dimpled 340mm discs / pads from the nice folk @Nutexa Frictions, at the same time when funds allow for a proper suspension upgrade from the guru & his lad @CRS Performance.
Can't bloody wait...

As bought:

IMG_2006.JPG

As waiting to be fitted:

T6 340mm front calipers (2).jpg

Last edited:
You are totally correct in the fact larger rotors, vented, cross drilled etc with multi piston callipers etc will remain cooler and therefore are less prone to brake fade and over heating, therefore making them more efficient in arduous conditions .
My point being here we are talking about a van, not a high performance car.
Most people will never come close to losing brake efficiency on public roads.
Good luck
Agreed - never had a problem with my standard brakes and don't anticipate having a problem either.

Your plan is much the same as mine.
Buy T32 340mm kit. Maybe new discs and calipers. Get them paited, fiited.
The visit CRS for suspension improvements.
The burn the credit card.
Had 'em a while, bought from a fellow T6 Forum member who had been to see Oli @BognorMotors for some bigger 6 pots.
20 odd thousand miles young.
Although bought painted red, I had them stripped, refurbed, smoothed & painted Candy Apple Red.
From these folk: The Best Brake Caliper Painting Service with a Lifetime Warranty
Will be fitting them early next year, with already bought Nutexa dimpled 340mm discs / pads from the nice folk @Nutexa Frictions, at the same time when funds allow for a proper suspension upgrade from the guru & his lad @CRS Performance.
Can't bloody wait...

As bought:

View attachment 220775

As waiting to be fitted:

View attachment 220779
@moomin-j Are they the T32 340mm caliprrs and discs?

Yes indeed!
Just saying its aesthetically nice to see the Brembo / Porsche 6 pots, drilled discs etc but totally not required unless you are going on the track in which case you will need far more modifications to the suspension, wheels and tyres. I’ve never seen a Racing Transporter :)-
Yeah deffo. My 340mm are plenty powerful enough.

I've also been looking into this brake upgrade for my camper as my discs and pads are shortly due for renewal.
The T5 big brake option was 333mm. To upgrade from 308mm to 333mm it was just carrier(7H0615125B), disc(7H0615301F), pads(7H0698151A).
Is this also an option for the T6? It seems the callipers and hub/housing are the same for T5/T6.
From cost perspective for 333mm it's just ~€110 for carriers(ate) vs ~€500 for 340mm carriers(oem), callipers(trw), dust covers(oem), pins. Disc and pad cost are similar but excluding those as I'd need to change these regardless of 308/333/340mm solution.

Would this 333mm setup be a worthwhile performance upgrade over 308mm?

I would be most grateful if you could supply me the parts requirement/ numbers from VW for the 340mm kit.

@BoroBoy - check this thread for the eye watering cost of genuine T6 new shiny bits from Vw:

Yes, they are.
Pads also.
All Nutexa stuff.
& same for the rears!!
Have been robbing the piggy bank again? It must have bulging for F & R Nutexa parts!
I will DM you.
@BoroBoy - check this thread for the eye watering cost of genuine T6 new shiny bits from Vw:

Yeah, I have read the thread. Eye watering is correct. I hopefully wont be spending that much.

Have you been robbing the piggy bank again? It must have bulging for F & R Nutexa parts!
Don't forget when discussing costs, I only ever pay special T6 Forum prices...

£20 for the front "big" calipers
£20 for the rear calipers
£20 for the "big" caliper refurb & paint for both sets of calipers
£20 for the front & rear Nutexa discs & pads - special Campermart Feb 2023 show prices
£20 for fitting & maybe a crate of beer, also

If I can pay cash for the above, then I'll hopefully save the VAT, if not, then another £20 will need to be paid to HMRC
Not bad at £120.00 all in!! :cool:

Mrs moomin-j considers this forum a great place to discuss, buy & sell stuff with all the low cost deals that are obviously on offer.

Back