VW roof rails - quality??

Just removed mine after a year, had a slow leak that has only just become visible, noticed passenger foot well damp, put my hand under carpet to the horror of absolutely soaking wet floor!
Was dripping down the a pillar under the dash then under the carpet
Full strip out and carpet left all day in a bodyshop oven!
The roof bars also chipped the roof everywhere the spacer blocks sat, just poor quality /fit .....

Which roof bars do you have?
Just removed mine after a year, had a slow leak that has only just become visible, noticed passenger foot well damp, put my hand under carpet to the horror of absolutely soaking wet floor!
Was dripping down the a pillar under the dash then under the carpet
Full strip out and carpet left all day in a bodyshop oven!
The roof bars also chipped the roof everywhere the spacer blocks sat, just poor quality /fit .....

Did anyone recommend which sealer to use?

And does anyone know why JustKampers bars are 112 quid but Vanstlye are £58..... they both have same 40 kg limit..... and appear same aluminium and ABS constructions.....

Roof bars absolutely destroyed my velle it had more water leaks than the titanic! Plus side new van coming, minus side can’t have in blackberry :(

Hi all,

Just had VW fit their OEM roof bars....£125.00 fitted. Any leaks then its back to them to sort. Looking on top of the van they have put plenty of sealant in and around the fixing points, almost like a putty thats not rock hard but certainly wouldnt wash off. And they washed the van inside and out!!!

I had what I think is VW roof bars fitted last week, no issues yet. The fitter said that although they came in a VW box, there were no VW markings and lack of paperwork, though they did say they purchased from the local VW dealer.

Apparently they had a nightmare fitting them, took 2 of em 2 hours, they had to chop the bars down to size, I winced at that. They look Ok, bit industrial like but if it means I can actually carry stuff I don't mind, the thing I'm questioning now is if they should have been fitted onto roof bars, I didn't think anything of it until I saw others online. I do have a pop top (skyline), maybe that was why they didn't/couldn't?

Here's a picture: Instagram post by Lee Wilson • Jan 27, 2018 at 11:39am UTC I can get a closer shot tomorrow.

Back