Vw Monster Mats, Vs Carpet Mats

drew_greenday

T6 Guru
I've had a carpet mat in the front of my van and its showing its sign of wear and only less than one year old.

I like the look of the monster rubber mats, I do a bit of climbing and regularly in muddy areas, car parks etc. These look good as they will be easy to remove and wipe clean. Has anyone had them or have any experience of them. I read someone on the california site said they didn't last.

Alternatively does anyone have any recommendations for a decent cab mat?

Andy

I had them for about 2 years ,they are good but they flick mud everywhere with them been so deep .my heel went through and the foot rest cover tore off .
There hard to clean ,best to power wash them

I've had a carpet mat in the front of my van and its showing its sign of wear and only less than one year old.

I like the look of the monster rubber mats, I do a bit of climbing and regularly in muddy areas, car parks etc. These look good as they will be easy to remove and wipe clean. Has anyone had them or have any experience of them. I read someone on the california site said they didn't last.

Alternatively does anyone have any recommendations for a decent cab mat?

Andy
I have the Monster Mats and find them brilliant. I high pressure clean mine and give them a brush if necessary using a masonry type large paint brush.
Nothing is ever ideal but some things are more ideal than others.

I find that whatever carpet/mat you use, the crap and mud end up on the centre tunnel carpet, which is a sod to hoover, and then behind the mats onto the carpet underneath. To combat this I have a rubber mat cut to shape to fit round the centre console on top of the mat so that nothing gets underneath. At least then when you take the mats out to clean, your carpets are clean underneath.

Exactly .... a total coverage mat. The only one I found that covers everything upfront, protecting the carpet and footwells underneath. I get your point about not necessarily wanting it in rubber. My position is that, as mine is a Mountain Biking van, I want the protection from dirt and shoe scuffs. I'm a bit of a 'fair weather' rider and would never tramp a load of mud and mess into my shiny truck anyway. Having that level of protection suits my OCD though, giving me comfort that the carpet and entire front cab is as new under it and will stay that way :thumbsup:

I like the total coverage but not a fan of the chequered look to the rubber.

So at the moment I am torn between a mat thats £30 and will last a year or a rubber one at £50 and will last longer???

I guess it does look a bit 'functional' in that respect. From my point of view, I prioritise the protection such mats provide and their durability.

It's the fact that I know, all I need to do is lift that mat up and it's all going to be perfectly new and unmarked under there :D

Back