Living area mat/carpet, suitable for cali bed/rails.

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just wondered if anyones got any recommendations for a mat for the living area that would be suitable to go over california twin rails. Something practical that can be cleaned easily.
I'm not after a custom one with cut outs, just a rectangular shape potentially 800-900x1000 so that it won't get in the way when seat slid forward.
Doesn't have to be camper specific.

My only worry being if I go for one that is too thick I won't be able to open the drawer under seat/bed? Is that even an issue?

I had considered going down the rugs for bugs or fat bobs set with matching front but may just go for some rubber front mats and a hard-wearing rubber backed mat for the living space, should be more practical.

Cheers.

No recommendations?

Doesn't have to be anything special, just a practical mat that will still allow the drawer to open.

Cheers.

Rubber backed is best as it won’t move when driving.
New Wave Custom Conversions do one, protects the rails and when turned sideways between the rails the bed passes over the top.
It washes easily and drys quickly.
Just a stupid price as with most Transporter related items.

The drawer operate ok?
Yes, fine.
I previously had a Rugs for Bugs carpet, but it didn’t fit properly, the edging was too tight and it rippled up the carpet, it was also a bit small. Nick promised me a replacement, I even drove to his unit so he could get a more accurate template but it never turned up.

We just use a grey barrier mat designed as a door mat in our van. At site it goes outside (unless raining). Loads on Amazon in a variety of sizes.

We just use a grey barrier mat designed as a door mat in our van. At site it goes outside (unless raining). Loads on Amazon in a variety of sizes.

Cheers.
Yes that was what I wanted but the sizing is slightly off, they all seem to be the same sizes.
Just bought one from the range to try anyway, same price/sizes as amazon ones.

You know if anywhere does one around 800-900x1000, or even 1000x1000?

That’s what we use too! Works great with two young boys and two even younger dogs. It really stops all the crud from getting into the rails. (We might have picked it up in Lidl’s!)

Back