VW Garage Issues

DubbedOut

So my van went into VW with a booked appointment last Monday. Unfortunately, the dealer I bought the van from recently was dealing directly with the VW garage, so everything is going through them. I heard nothing all week, expecting to have the van back quickly. I cancelled my weekend's plans as I had no van to go away in.

On Monday this week I told my garage to chase it up as I needed it by the end of the week. He called them and they told him it was going on the ramp tomorrow (Tuesday)

Today I told my garage that I need the van today as we are going away tomorrow for the holiday weekend. He gave them another call. Now they're telling him that it hasn't even been looked at. So all this time I could have been using the van and it's been sat in the VW garage car park. Very annoyed. Going to collect it today as I need it back, but the work's not been done.

It's just a couple of small issues (stereo update and automatic lights sensor error).

That’s about normal, like trying to get a straightforward answer out of a politician.
IMO it’s best to only deal with garages where you can speak with the mechanic. Maybe it’s my age but sweet talking salesmen in suits do my f’kin head in.

That’s about normal, like trying to get a straightforward answer out of a politician.
IMO it’s best to only deal with garages where you can speak with the mechanic. Maybe it’s my age but sweet talking salesmen in suits do my f’kin head in.
Age or experience?!! No point in talking to the monkey when you need a conversation with the organ-grinder!

Reactions: DXX
Haha - now that I want to take the van back, they suddenly want to look at it.
They’re like builders, take on more work than they can handle just in case a job gets held up.
Those who shout the loudest get the attention.

Back