VW Faces production delays amid dispute

Caulkhead

Builder
T6 Guru
Just read on the BBC Business News that VW is in a dispute with by the looks of it 2 of its sub-contractor suppliers.
Which I guess is why no orders are being accepted at present

Just read on the BBC Business News that VW is in a dispute with by the looks of it 2 of its sub-contractor suppliers.
Which I guess is why no orders are being accepted at present
Is this an old news item ? As this happened last year with a seats and gearbox parts suppliers

Carig, I've looked it up again and there is nothing new from last year so maybe the same problem again

I also found only 2016 stuff, I searched the BBC straight after the original post, but couldn't find it. @Caulkhead can you still find the article? If so could you post a link or screenshot.

I say this because I placed an order for a T6 California on the 4th April and it hasn't so far been accepted into the system byVW, and apparently this is with any VWdealership.

Can you give a link to your news source?
I ask because the headline you used for this thread is an exact quote of the BBC headline covering the 2016 dispute.

It was on a BBC Website but as I had said earlier maybe I picked up on ood news, but that still doesn't negate the fact that VW are not accepting any orders on California Ocean 204dsg models.
You can still apparently order a 150 model .
I placed an order on the 4/04/17 and it still has not been accepted into the system as my previous post.

Apparently it is model specific, 204dsg, there is a problem in a shortage of some engine parts .
I do not know at present when VW will re-open their order book !
Not good for VW the second year running another problem and even worse for any of us who are waiting to know when the same system will accept our orders.

Back