VW Dealer Fit Rear View Camera

Absolutely agree with @T6 Dave's Dad if this was missed at build when the order detailed it, they should be fitting all OEM parts and rectifying in entirety, you should not need to lift a finger, other than to check their work and ask to see that everything was an OEM part and warranty'd appropriately.
Too many van's are coming off the production line not built to the appropriate spec. Jeez they can't even get fundamentals correct for a "highline" let alone optional extra's. They even fitted the wrong engine in Polzeylad's, but to his improvement rather than detriment.
Stand on them, as maybe then the word will get back to the factory.
German efficiency - my arse!

@Pauly , I have a OEM rev camera on the small screen head unit if this is any use to you for the info, not sure on head unit part number, if I can find it through VCDS etc for you, let me know...
You can get the model/part number in the stereo menu, thinks its under system info or something similar

It came via a broker, and yes, I have paid for that as part of the original spec.
@Tombs and info to @DaveyB, even though you bought through a broker there is a supplying dealer involved that hasn't supplied what you specified and paid for through the broker. Get on to the broker for him to lean on the dealer to fit the OEM item at no cost to you as you have already paid for it.

Thanks to @T6 Dave for supplying the part number, his unit has the same part number ending in C and the listings state its the B/D/E/L models that are not compatible
That would explain why we have seen cameras on the smaller screen units as they must be the C variant so probably not good news for you @YellowHound i will do a bit more digging when i have time and see if i can clarify the differences between the models and see if its worth trying

@Tombs, they might have to replace the head unit if its the small screen to be compatible with the OEM rev can then...

It's got the Sat Nav head unit but will check the unit as suggested to see what I've got. Swiss Vans have already said they'll be sending someone out to fit. These things happen and apart from that and what I call budge tyres I'm very chuffed with the Bus/Van.

Back