VW Dealer Fit Rear View Camera

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Has anyone had one of these fitted?
I'm seriously considering asking my dealer to fit it to the stock van I'm buying. I really would like the camera.

Any experiences/thoughts to relate?

Thanks!

Just be sure you know what they are going to fit/do, generally dealers try to fit kenwood or aftermarket cameras not a proper T6 unit, not that you can't fit alternatives just make sure it's what your expecting

Shifting my request slightly - has anyone fitted the upgrade kit available from the forum shop? Level of cussedness involved??

I have and a couple others too, is no five minute job as requires a square hole to be cut in the tailgate and wires run from there to stereo so need to access above roof panels and down A pillar to get to dash and after install it needs coding in

Not sure if @slidepods has VCDS to code it but they are not far from me and im overdue a catch up with Jonny so if needs be will pop up and code it in for you :thumbsup:

And now I have my van I have just discovered that it has the headhunt that is incompatible with the OE upgrade kit.
Blast!

image.png I found this photo on the Internet with it fitted to the standard unit. I was hoping to fit one to mine

The forum shop lists a head unit model number with which the camera is incompatible. Unfortunately mine is that model number.

I'm not 100% sure it's correct, as above, have seen a few of the smaller screen headunits running cameras so it may work, that part number is listed as not compatible with the camera/kit so I put it there to be safe as didn't want someone to buy one and it not work but I'm not convinced
Think we need to do some digging and if all of the small screen headunits have the same part number (like yours) then it will prob work but a bit of research is needed.
Maybe we could catch up and trial connect it to your headunit and see if it works ??

I'm not 100% sure it's correct, as above, have seen a few of the smaller screen headunits running cameras so it may work, that part number is listed as not compatible with the camera/kit so I put it there to be safe as didn't want someone to buy one and it not work but I'm not convinced
Think we need to do some digging and if all of the small screen headunits have the same part number (like yours) then it will prob work but a bit of research is needed.
Maybe we could catch up and trial connect it to your headunit and see if it works ??

Hi Pauly.
That would be fantastic. I'm actually dropping my van at Slidepods this coming Monday 15th. It will be there for almost two weeks. Don't know whether this gives any options?

PM me your number will have a chat and see what we can come up with

@Pauly , I have a OEM rev camera on the small screen head unit if this is any use to you for the info, not sure on head unit part number, if I can find it through VCDS etc for you, let me know...

Just be sure you know what they are going to fit/do, generally dealers try to fit kenwood or aftermarket cameras not a proper T6 unit, not that you can't fit alternatives just make sure it's what your expecting

So what should I be looking for parts wise? Long story short, this was part of the spec when I ordered my van in November last year, she turned up yesterday and it wasn't fitted. I've got someone contacting me to arrange to come out to me to sort, I would like to make sure I get the right parts.

So what should I be looking for parts wise? Long story short, this was part of the spec when I ordered my van in November last year, she turned up yesterday and it wasn't fitted. I've got someone contacting me to arrange to come out to me to sort, I would like to make sure I get the right parts.
@Tombs you should contact your dealer as it was specified and, presumably, included in the price that you paid for your van. Down to them to rectify the non-fitment at no cost to you.

Back