Victron Bmv 712 Help!

Buzznitro

T6 Pro
Good evening gents, I'm trying to understand where my shunt goes in relation to my leisure batteries does this look good so far, knowledge appreciated.

Attachments

• VAN ELECTRICS BMV 712.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 38
It needs to go between the negative terminal of the battery and everything else connected to ground. So there should be nothing connected at all between the shunt and the battery such that no current flow can bypass the shunt. Your diagram looks about right from what I can see.

In your diagram the output from the Redarc is connected directly to the battery negative and will bypass the shunt so the Victron won’t be aware of the charge going into the battery.

In your diagram the output from the Redarc is connected directly to the battery negative and will bypass the shunt so the Victron won’t be aware of the charge going into the battery.

Well spotted, I missed that line!

Gents thanks, mm better sort that I can only thank you guys, so just to make this clear the negative from Redarc should connect to the output side of the shunt and not battery?

Yes, the only thing connected to the battery negative should be the shunt. All other negative connections should be to the other side of the shunt

Lift the bonnet and look at your starter battery and see how VW do it

You will see the shunt is the only thing connected to the battery post

Back