Victron Blue Smart 12V/10A Power

scrapi

Hi All, Just got a T6 campervan with 0 instructions...so steep learning curve! Today, I hooked up the external cable to the garage to check the internal sockets etc. All working fine inside, however I noticed there is also a Victron Blue Smart 12V/10A charger for the leisure battery. Unfortunately, zero lights came on.

20230524_191309.jpg

• I've checked the socket it's connected into next to the rear fuse box, and that works.
  • I've checked the 13amp fuse in the plug.
  • So I can assume power is getting to it.
I'm unable to trace wiring to the battery - however I assume the Victron Blue Smart should light up irrespective of that connection?

Thanks in advance.

Have you installed the VictronConnect app and tried to pair it to the blue smart?
Also, try plugging the Victron in to an extension cable from the house 240v supply see if it powers up from a known good source.
Also, have you checked the rcd is not off in the consumer unit?

Yes, I tried plugging into an extension and also no joy. So I assume the unit is faulty. I just wanted to check if I should see power on even if the wiring to the leisure battery is not connected/fault/or good.

Have you installed the VictronConnect app and tried to pair it to the blue smart?
Also, try plugging the Victron in to an extension cable from the house 240v supply see if it powers up from a known good source.
Also, have you checked the rcd is not off in the consumer unit?
yes. nothing to pair against.

Yeah the lights should come on even if it’s not connected to a battery as far as I’m aware. I can’t disconnect mine to check though.

Yeah the lights should come on even if it’s not connected to a battery as far as I’m aware. I can’t disconnect mine to check though.
thanks.. I assume it broke. Same since it looks a nightmare to get to since it's at the back on one of the very small cupboards - assume it was fitted before the internals when in.

Checked the fuse in the plug?

Victron kit is awesome.

I'd reach out to them for advice.

Remove from the van and checkm on the bench.

Checked the fuse in the plug?

Victron kit is awesome.

I'd reach out to them for advice.

Remove from the van and checkm on the bench.
Yes, fuse was fine. Looks like the butchered the originally connection so zero change of warranty (have no receipt of it either). I'm going to struggle getting it out and back in since where it is is one handed access and you can't see. It was hard enough getting my mobile in there to take a photo. Will have a go this weekend. Looks like a replacement may need to be bought.

So I’ve got one of these, when I first switched it on like yours nothing, spoke with the supplier they spoke with victron, nobody had any idea why it wasn’t working as they never seem to fail. Anyway they agreed to replace it but to be sure I tried it once more pressing the mode button a few times and the lights came on, don’t know if this did anything but it’s worked well ever since, maybe give it a try

Try and gey it working, if not.......

I'd still touch base with Victron direct. With product model and serial number, see what they say.

As above those units are very reliable.

Last edited:
Actually, there is also a DC to DC Smart Orion 12/ 12 which is working fine. I assume that this Blue Smart charger is connect directly to the battery?

Actually, there is also a DC to DC Smart Orion 12/ 12 which is working fine. I assume that this Blue Smart charger is connect directly to the battery?
Normal it would be connected to the leisure battery via a fuse.

So that the leisure battery is charging via EHU.

Back