Vevor 55l fridge how long would a leisure battery last

F2JON

VIP Member
T6 Guru
As title, I have a vevor 55l fridge , I just wondered how long it would last if I hook it up to a leisure battery, going to camper jam this weekend just wondering wether to take it or not, here’s the specs if it makes any sense to anyone FE04BB67-2E10-4E5A-99EB-2F1979CCCFDF.png

As title, I have a vevor 55l fridge , I just wondered how long it would last if I hook it up to a leisure battery, going to camper jam this weekend just wondering wether to take it or not, here’s the specs if it makes any sense to anyone View attachment 162592
It depends:
The fridge will pull a max of 5A when on...
The fridge cycles on/off dependent on the temp you have it set to and the ambient air temp. The default hysteresis is 2 degrees.
So for example you set it to 0 degrees, it'll cool to -2 and switch off, when it gets to +2 it'll switch on and cool down to -2. Meaning an average of 0 degrees.
The speed at which this changes will depend on what's in the fridge and the ambient air temp (warmer = more quickly)

I have a coolbox which constantly draws 4~5Amps and that flattens a 75ah battery in ~14 -16hrs. I've just replaced this with a Vevor (45L) and I'm expecting around 48hrs.
The Vevor does have low voltage protection for your battery to prevent you killing it. Also The fridge will work as a coolbox if/when the power is off (so maybe turn off/down at night if it's going to be colder to ensure cooling during the day) - set an alarm to remind yourself to turn it back on in the morning.

Last edited:
What he said.

You should be able to get two days from a 100ah LB.

How do you charge you LB?

Dc-dc charger?. Solar?

I was borrowing a leisure battery off a mate I haven’t installed one in the van as I barely need one as I have a hook up normally.

Ok.

Well enjoy CJ.

Keep the fridge full of beer and set the temp 1-5degC.

That will help it to run most efficient.

Chuck some freezer blocks in there to get the temperature down when you first turn it on

I intend to:grin bounce: I’ve filled it with beer ready to rock
Chill the beer at home first. Water has a huge thermal capacity, if you fill the fridge full of ambient temperature beer, it’ll take 12hours or so to get it down to temperature, & the fridge will be running flat out during that time.

Chill the beers at home first as this will help cool the Vevor when you load it and reduce how hard it has to work to reach the desired temperature.(helping to prolong the battery life)

Chill the beer at home first. Water has a huge thermal capacity, if you fill the fridge full of ambient temperature beer, it’ll take 12hours or so to get it down to temperature, & the fridge will be running flat out during that time.
Great minds! You beat me too it!

Yes. Defo pre chill the whole full fridge at home down to 1degc , then plug it in for the drive to a 12v socket in the van, if you can.

Then when onsite. Set the temp to 4 or 5 themmn move to over to your leisure battery.

I've used this before I had 240v in the van while driving.... Plugged in the front socket. And had the fridge behind the seat.

Fridge only draws 6A ish intermittently.... So that cable worked fine.

Screenshot_20220628-064638_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Now I've got perm 240v in the back...
So I run the fridges off that when travelling to site...
But alway pre chill at home.

The only problem is that the fridge is then super heavy when full off beer so it takes both me and the cheif advisor to get it into the van.

Back