Version needed?

Vanda

T6 Pro
Hi
I have vcds 16.8.4 that I bought for my old T5. Am I right in thinking this is not compatible with a 18MY T6? What version onwards would I need to code in a reverse camera? Thanks

You can just download the latest version. What VCDS cable do you have?

I have Hex + CAN cable. Works fine. Just download the latest version :thumbsup:

Updated to 18.1.0.
Plugged into van. Says I need to click option and Test.
Selected USB and clicked Test. Tells me:
Port status OK
USB Library version 03.02.07
USB library version 02.10.00
Interface not found!

Any ideas?

if I plug cable to laptop and unplug from van, on Test it says:
Port Ok
Interface found
Type Ross tech hex usb

Ignition on?

@Derry had a similar issue last week, maybe he can shed some light on it

Once you've clicked test you need to save the result. From memory the button is in the bottom left.

Hi. It doesn’t give me the save option as it says interface not found. I may have to buy another cable.

Don't jump too soon.
Others have had the same issue. As far as I'm aware they've resolved it without reaching into their pockets.

Sounds like you may have a cheap knock off cable, if so these only work with the software supplied

shame if that’s the case as it wasn’t a 10-20 quid cable.
So may have to buy another.

It sounds as if you will have to dip your hand in your pocket for a genuine interface. I've had one for well over ten years and it always accepts the latest software. I'm currently running V18.1.0 Released 22/01/2018. My T6 is a 2016 140ps but the VCDS has been used on newer vehicles.

Rod

if I plug cable to laptop and unplug from van, on Test it says:
Port Ok
Interface found
Type Ross tech hex usb

Sorry gents been away with work and only had time to get a response from VCDS and Gendan.

It seems my HEX+CAN is dead. The fault I was getting was on both my VWs.

Huge sigh of relief the T6 interface is not pooped, but need to find £200+ for an upgrade or fix.

Back