Qnapper

HODOPHILE
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I wondered if anyone has fitted one of these:

vent.jpg

My campervan has this sort of window:
IMG_0607.JPG

I was looking at this website below but wondered if it would fit, or any recommendations to something similar.

Thanks for reading the post.

Yep seen that video, the problem is my windows are not flush. I will try and take a better photo today. Fingers crossed as take a pet with us and would like a vent fitted.

EDIT: photo taken
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0915.JPGIMG_0914.JPG

Last edited:
Hi there, I was wondering if there is any news about the ventilation grilles fitting sliding windows that are not flush?
My window is not flush and I was hoping to buy the product, but I would really prefer not to make a pricey mistake (I have made a few before...).
I would really appreciate any update on the the ventilation grille if anyone has any information/experience to share.
Thanks a million,
Susan

I tried to find something suitable a few years back.
Apparently everything out there is designed for VW factory windows only, so I made something similar with 4mm ply and bits and bobs off of eBay.
I have since fitted a 12v computer fan to aid extraction.

Window vent.JPG

Thanks so much for your response @TrevorK.
I fear I am not so handy with 4mm ply.... I did see what looked like a great solution from Altitude Roofs (picture copied below), which was a kind of an anorak hood for the sliding window. Unfortunately they can't deliver to Ireland... I only have one sliding window in my van, which is on the driver's side, so not the side that my awning rail is on, which I think discounts the Reimo plastic screen offering (picture copied below). I am probably better with a needle and thread than I am with 4 mm ply so I might try to develop something similar to the Altitude Roof's solution. It would just be so nice if there was a ready-to-go solution....
Thanks a mill.
Susan :)

1648650982096.png1648651563507.png

I thought I had posted the update on my vent. As we travel with a cat the vent was a must in the Spanish heat (not so much today as it's raining lots) Anyway emailed Carbest the makers of the window shown above, and they replied with a "we will send you one out to try" What a service 5 days later it arrived and fitted like a glove and unless you want to take a screwdriver to the panel it is secure enough to leave on whilst away from the van. Has built it fly screen as well.
Now we have done that a few times now whilst parked up in carparks and at the side of the road without problem. Here it is:
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
When not is use stores at back of van without problem. I have tried it whilst driving and don't really like the noise from the road/wind.

Cost is €89.00 + postage.

Last edited:
I thought I had posted the update on my vent. As we travel with a cat the vent was a must in the Spanish heat (not so much today as it's raining lots) Anyway emailed Carbest the makers of the window shown above, and they replied with a "we will send you one out to try" What a service 5 days later it arrived and fitted like a glove and unless you want to take a screwdriver to the panel it is secure enough to leave on whilst away from the van. Has built it fly screen as well.
Now we have done that a few times now whilst parked up in carparks and at the side of the road without problem. Here it is:
View attachment 151185
View attachment 151187
When not is use stores at back of van without problem. I have tried it whilst driving and don't really like the noise from the road/wind.

That’s fantastic!
Thanks so much for getting back about it @Qnapper! Can I ask - is the grill made by Carbest or was it manufactured by another company?
Susan

That’s fantastic!
Thanks so much for getting back about it @Qnapper! Can I ask - is the grill made by Carbest or was it manufactured by another company?
Susan
I have actually located it online - so no need to get back.
Thanks so much again,
Susan :)

View attachment 151185
View attachment 151187

Hi @Qnapper

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Do you by any chance have the email address you used to enquire about the grille? I’ve been trawling the internet most of the morning and can’t find one for love nor money?!!

View attachment 151185
View attachment 151187

Hola, estoy en Barcelona y como tú, necesito la misma mampara de ventana pero no sé dónde comprarla, ¿puedes decirme? ¡Muchas gracias!

Hola, estoy en Barcelona y como tú, necesito la misma mampara de ventana pero no sé dónde comprarla, ¿puedes decirme? ¡Muchas gracias!
Hola, el siguiente enlace te ayudará. Son muy buenos y se publicarán al día siguiente de realizar el pedido:
Hi the link below will help you. They are very good and will post next day after order:

Back