VCDS Update

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Ran VCDS update today (first time in a while) and updated to 16.8.0
Updating to this version required the firmware in the lead to be updated also and came with a warning that it cannot be changed back so once done you can no longer use the lead with any older versions of VCDS.

I noticed a few improvements from the older version, had a scan through most of the menus and a bit more information in general it seemed and i attempted to make changes to the parking assist controller (which previous failed) and worked this time, this module requires a security code and now the code was given to me when i highlighted the text entry box which i could not do last time so hopefully things should be a bit easier now.
I didnt make that many changes today but tomorrow i intend to set tear drop wiping, auto locking amongst other things so will let you know how i get on

I hate people with talent........
The van is looking good @Pauly , really into the lights and mirrors.
I would try this but I would end up with the horn going when indicating and hair like Don King !!!!!!

I should confess I'm an electrician by trade and come from a family of mechanics, grew up around banger racing and Land Rover cross country trials so I have a bit of an unfair advantage
Still working on VCDS so far so good got several things working will post a list tonight but got my retro fit factory reverse camera working so I'm well happy :D

Nice one with the camera, will update mine tomorrow and reactivate the bits I want plus some
New ones by the looks of it

All good interesting info here @Pauly but you have the skills to do them. Im a bit dangerous with this kind of thing, but i will see if i fancy a go when my combi turns up and hire your vcds box. look forward to your info.

Had a good day today, spent a couple hours going through menus a seeing whats what, things that are activated and confirmed working

Rear speakers
Auto lock
Auto unlock
Enabled rear view camera
Acoustic lock (1 beep on lock)
Acoustic unlock (2 beeps on unlock)
Tear drop wiping
Coming home lights switched to fogs instead of dipped beam (picture below)
Large digital mph speedo
I also played with a few other bits like radio startup screen and stereo display skin but couldnt see much difference so changed it back
I activated rain closing but dont think its working, i threw water at screen with ignition on and off and nothing happened, can anyone confirm what this is supposed to do ie close while driving or close when parked ?

IMG_2622.JPG

Are there more long coding options now available for the t6 or was it a case of playing with the numbers?

Everything I did was long coding, generally more info and one thing I did required security access and VCDS gave it to me when I hovered over the code box with the mouse which it didn't before

I will be at Busfest and will be taking my machine with me so if anybody wants anything doing and i have time sure we can sort something out

Yes it is, in VCDS
enter module 17 - instruments
bit 0, bytes 4-7 change to Australia
Save and exit

That will give you some extra choices in the MFD settings menu, you can untick "alt speed" then in MFD Data you can select "digit speed" and change to MPH

Back