Vcds Scan Gives Egr Fault But It Wont Cure With A Motorway Run.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Scanned a 64 plate T5.1 van this morning, as it had the engine warning lamp.
Came up with this UGR fault:

fullsizeoutput_22e.jpeg

Any advice please? 140 bhp engine.

FE844040-243F-424B-BF4C-16D0650E8B18.jpeg I've just replaced mine yesterday, with the same fault codes, when I got it off and opened the old one up I can see why it’s got insufficient flow it’s choked solid and no end of cleaning would have cleared see below. I had intended to try and clean it out and have as a change over one but it’s too clogged up to attempt cleaning.622BF360-8BBC-4D13-9B31-FE9C1FDA5119.jpeg Once fitted you’ll need Vcds to adapt in and clear codes
Mine is a 140bhp T6 with only 34k miles but I do a lot of short journeys which doesn’t help

Clogged EGRs on a diesel is just a fact of life...

When they are clogged, the only way to sort it out is to remove them, soak in petrol and clean, clean again, and again, until they are clear...

Though most dealers will just supply and fit a new one due to the labour time it takes to clean.. R&R is cheaper for them.

Unless the solenoid is knackered a deep clean will normally fix the problem.

It's only carbon and oil sludge.... if you can remove it.......then you can clean it.

View attachment 41613 I've just replaced mine yesterday, with the same fault codes, when I got it off and opened the old one up I can see why it’s got insufficient flow it’s choked solid and no end of cleaning would have cleared see below. I had intended to try and clean it out and have as a change over one but it’s too clogged up to attempt cleaning.View attachment 41612 Once fitted you’ll need Vcds to adapt in and clear codes
Mine is a 140bhp T6 with only 34k miles but I do a lot of short journeys which doesn’t help
Great pics....

The vacuum valve was seized solid, I tried soaking it and it would budge so I guess it’s for the bin, I might give cleaning the cooler a try though

A deep soak in petrol and constant scrubbing should bring it back to life....

What was the millage before yours failed?....

and what was your driving style? Ie motorway/city%?

And rough daily/weekly millage?

Just to get an idea of your failure........

Back