VCDS for the T6 204 DSG

AndyAK66

VIP Member
T6 Pro
What's the best unit for the new T6 Euro 6, (204 DSG )done a bit of digging is it worth just doing the 3 licence version, it's only for few alterations, tear drop and locking, unless anyone in Lincoln area would like few beer tokens for plugging their machine in and helping out,

If that’s all you want to do you’d be better getting carista. I picked a dongle up for less than a tenner from amazon with a free months subscription.

Thanks will have a look today, my trouble being bit scared of messing software up on van, is it easily picked up

Carista is pretty fool proof, it uses an app on your phone to change the settings, they can easily be changed back. You can’t do anything that will mess the van up, unlike VCDS.....

VCDS has a lot of undocumented bits, they change things but don't have labels so you need to know what your doing. Ideal for playing with advanced functions, I used it when programming my van from h4 head lights to the h7s.
Carista is a simple app that almost plucks out all the documented bytes and allows you to tick and untick the boxes for an individual feature. And at a fraction of the price it's worth it.

Last edited:
At least I got the grass cut, no parcel arrived today, must have gastroenteritis covers me for weekend to play

Back