Vcds code 31159 reductant pump 2

Raul a/3

T6 Pro
Need a bit of help with identifying what exactly is this. Going down hill I got engine light on. Got home and scared it with vcds. What’s this pump, and where is located please? Vw crafter.
I have deleted the code and is out. But I haven’t driven since, so I don’t know if it comes back.

FFE1BDA7-F0A5-4DBF-820E-FEA92BA9F38C.jpegA3DAF2E8-B1EC-47B9-92B6-77CE87797DB6.jpeg

I was driving on a unpaved road, my add blue tank does not have a cover, I can see the wires. No idea if it did a regen. It was a slow 2nd gear drive up hill, then when I started to descent, I noticed the light.
If it’s the add blue pump, it’s possible that road debris could of done some damage to the add blue connectors.

Had a look at you tube. It turns out pump 2 is for returning the add blue out the injector line to prevent freezing. Pump 1 is the delivery one. I will have a look tomorrow and update.
The joy of off roading without tank protection, any road derby, stone etc. can cause damage to the wiring, plug or pump control unit.

Had a look under the van, nothing obvious, everything looks as it should, no visible wire break, no plugs disturbed. I have a feeling the pump inside the tank may be faulty. It’s strange that I never leave the level to low, always 3-4K range.

The pumps are inside/part of "Delivery unit for reducing agent metering system - GX19".
Perhaps >this< helps - on page 334-335.

Back