Vanx Curtain Fitting

craigblues

T6 Pro
Evening all!

I ordered some Van X curtains to go all round on my T6. Unfortunately the rails don't appear to be as easily bendable as I was expecting for nice flush finish. Also on barn doors at the top, they will obviously be proud from the window surface due to the amount of space available.

First screw the head snapped off! So I've had to walk away from the job for now as one rail now bent wrong in middle due to trying to get broken screw out. Nightmare!

I was wondering has anyone else fitted these, if so how did you personally go about it and have you got any pictures? As the other thing is how far to make the rail go, I don't want to do it too long but sametime don't want it too short!

Who knew fitting curtains would cause so much grief! Thanks in advance!

I've got VanX curtains and really like them, they certainly keep the light out, mine have been fitted by the converter and have been bent nicely but i have a tailgate not barn doors so unfortunately that doesn't help you. @Ed Webb has barn doors maybe he can help

I've got VanX curtains and really like them, they certainly keep the light out, mine have been fitted by the converter and have been bent nicely but i have a tailgate not barn doors so unfortunately that doesn't help you. @Ed Webb has barn doors maybe he can help

Yes the curtain quality appears really good to be fair. Just the rail hassle. I've got two side windows, barn doors and cabin divider curtains to fit.

We have the Van-X curtain set on our conversion. Great ... except the cab divider curtains are only one thickness of fabric and consequently let light and sight through. We had to buy another cab divider curtain pair and stitch them to the originals to get suitable cab divider curtains!

I fitted them into my old T5 barndoor, cut the lengths so that they just go around the corners enough and then use either a plastic hammer or copper/hide hammer to bend the rail into the shape of the window.
Next you can mark the holes with an automatic hole punch or a pen etc...
Drilling was a nightmare on the door skins and I snapped off loads of bits, in the end the best way was to use self tapping screws on an electric drill to make the holes and then I could use the supplied screws to hold the rail in place. These could be wound in by a normal screwdriver after the holes had been made by the self tappers.

hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Back