Van-X curtain rail install

H0ME

Has anyone used an alternative to screws to hold up the rails. I find it almost impossible to get the top rail in with screws (twin slider) so my curtain rails going into doors on both sides.

I’m thinking of using stikaflex or glue like used on the rear spoiler? Will it hold? There is some tension in the curtains as they are stretchy. Thoughts?

No use screws. I used my own screws - a bit more beefy.

No use screws. I used my own screws - a bit more beefy.
I cannot get a screw in on the top rail as it’s blocked by the plastic for the door window slider - yes have removed cover part too! Still cannot get a straight angle to screw vertical.

I cannot get a screw in on the top rail as it’s blocked by the plastic for the door window slider - yes have removed cover part too! Still cannot get a straight angle to screw vertical.
Fitted mine last weekend, just pilot bit on a slight angle then screw in on a slight angle (twin slider too!). The curtains stretch and pull really tight, I wouldn’t be confident bonding them.

Fitted mine last weekend, just pilot bit on a slight angle then screw in on a slight angle (twin slider too!). The curtains stretch and pull really tight, I wouldn’t be confident bonding them.
You were right. In the end just got them in at an angle. The mistake I was making was trying to drill through both the rail and van at the same time. You need that pilot hole on the rail first - this then gives you the stability to follow through at an angle.

You were right. In the end just got them in at an angle. The mistake I was making was trying to drill through both the rail and van at the same time. You need that pilot hole on the rail first - this then gives you the stability to follow through at an angle.
Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Back