Vans At The Stealers.

N58amx

Carpeter
T6 Guru
So pv has gone in yesterday with various issues :(.

Stiff gear change
Clutch judder
Sticking passenger door outer handle
Non closing passenger door
And rear door check straps broken

Got the call today !! No faults found

Goes there and has a drive with a tech ...
Guess what ,,
Yes there are issues !

Funny how he couldnt find anything wrong when he was looking at it .

Is this the norm at a dealership?
Now the vans still in situ at the garage
And im in limbo .

Only had the vehicle a month(bought s/h from dealership with 9k on the clock

that's the quality of a so-called "master-tech"! unfortunately, nothing suprises me anymore when i read these reports about farsical service at a VW main stealer.

So called Master Tech at mine recalibrated my MFD. Explained several times.....in different ways that my MPG readout is HUGELY optimistic.....reading over by about 7mpg. "Right guv'nor......yeh, got it....it's reading high?" "Yup, you got it brains!"...…...comes back reading even higher! Give me strength! Anyway, on the plus side...….I now have THE most economical ride on the forum guaranteed! I've seen 59mpg!!! If I was a less honest individual, I'd leave it like that so that when I sell, anyone buying it will be well impressed!!!:thumbsup:

Yes, this is the normal VW aftersales routine. First deny there is a problem. Continue denying, each time costing you a day without your van. Eventually they will admit it needs fixing, taking two or three attempts to repair and causing collateral damage each time it goes in.

This is completely opposite to non-warranty work, where non-existent issues will be flagged as essential repairs at an extortionate cost.

Lost it a bit when another techie came out and said ......
..... yer
Id be fuming if my gearbox and clutch sounded like that :mad:

This is my first vw but had it in the dealers twice now and the service is rubbish. I fixed the auto wipers myself as they could not find a fault .

My nearest dealer is 30 miles away. High level brake light packed up, so when i booked it in, i reminded them that they would have to break the light to remove it, so a new one would be needed. Got there- not got the replacement part, so that entailed a second half day wasted and 120 miles in total.

They reckoned the charge cooler mountings were the cause of a rattle, they weren't, but i let them change them anyway. Next thing it broke down at night because they hadn't refitted a hose correctly.

Now they have lost my service book, and the jumped up kid on the service counter tried to tell me it doesen't matter because its all recorded on their computer. Imperial Commercials,Nottingham, heading the same way as Nottingham Van Centre.

This sounds all too familiar! Wouldn’t be trafford van centre by any chance?
I think they have a personal parking space for me it’s been in that many times! Good luck with getting it fixed fella :thumbsup:

I didn't get a service book with mine! They told me it's all done on line which is great but what about when I sell it? Or when it's out of warranty and I stop taking it to them to do!?

Just bought a new one from Imperial Commercials,Nottingham
hope they going be ok !

I didn't get a service book with mine! They told me it's all done on line which is great but what about when I sell it? Or when it's out of warranty and I stop taking it to them to do!?

Its great for them, because its suggesting that you have to have it serviced at a main dealer while its under warranty, which isn't the case.

Just bought a new one from Imperial Commercials,Nottingham
hope they going be ok !

There seemed to be two people in sales there. I had 2 hours to wait, and the waiting area is nearly next to one of them. All he appeared to do was keep ringing his landline from his mobile phone, answer it, then put it down again! Credit where its due though, he managed to avoid eye contact with me throughout, so he wouldn't have to offer me a drink.

Things livened up though, when the lady on the other desk took a call from someone she had sold a Caravelle to. He was livid by the sound of it, he had gone out to it and someone had nicked his alloy spare wheel! It was obvious from the conversation that he was wanting the dealer to pay for the replacement because it shouldn't be nickable, but she was having none of it and said that all she could do was quote him for a new rim, but he'd have to find himself a tyre. It calmed down then, until she went and offered to quote him for a locking device, and he kicked off again.

And while this was going on, the young kid on service, doing the job nobody else wanted, was at his desk commanding his troops in the garage, surrounded by tins of jelly beans. I quite enjoyed the experience in a funny sort of way, but if i went again, i'd take a flask with me.

My nearest dealer is 30 miles away. High level brake light packed up, so when i booked it in, i reminded them that they would have to break the light to remove it, so a new one would be needed. Got there- not got the replacement part, so that entailed a second half day wasted and 120 miles in total.

They reckoned the charge cooler mountings were the cause of a rattle, they weren't, but i let them change them anyway. Next thing it broke down at night because they hadn't refitted a hose correctly.

Now they have lost my service book, and the jumped up kid on the service counter tried to tell me it doesen't matter because its all recorded on their computer. Imperial Commercials,Nottingham, heading the same way as Nottingham Van Centre.
This is my local dealer and where my colleague took has van for a service as he lives in Lincoln and there is nothing near him. He informed the service desk that his engine management light had been on for a couple of days before but had now gone off and could they look into it. Gets van back and was informed there was nothing in the log, very next day light back on so calls the dealer who says they haven’t got time and call Vw assist. When the tech shows up he says they have cleared all fault codes to basically avoid doing the work and the egr is blocked.

I’m not looking forward to dealing with this sort of pish if I have any issues.

I’ve been thrown out of a dealers by the police before..... I can see it happening again if this is the level of service you receive.

I’m not looking forward to dealing with this sort of pish if I have any issues.

I’ve been thrown out of a dealers by the police before..... I can see it happening again if this is the level of service you receive.
Drunken purchases, Police evictions. Never a dull moment in your life. ;)

Back