Vango's Shangri-La 10 Double Sleeping Mat

Blitz

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi
I'm sure some folks at the last meet where talking about these, specifically the Gin ladies.
Are they the Dogs dangles? Or the usual hype?
Not cheap for a Yorkshire man to stomach so all opinions welcome before I consider putting it on my bucket list.
(Hopefully doing a two week Euro trip next summer)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got the thicker version, 15cm is it? Didn’t really work for me, but I’m a massive lump, your mileage may vary.

Hi
I'm sure some folks at the last meet where talking about these, specifically the Gin ladies.
Are they the Dogs dangles? Or the usual hype?
Not cheap for a Yorkshire man to stomach so all opinions welcome before I consider putting it on my bucket list. (Hopefully doing a two week Euro trip next summer)

We've got one, sleeping on it for the first time this weekend (on top of a 1300 Rib).

I'll let you know our thoughts. But certainly when we tried it out, it was comfy. A full nights sleep will be the proper test though.

I’ve got the Kampa Kip SIM, it’s a bit shallower at 10cm but is very comfortable.

after sleeping on it for two weeks this summer I wanted a bit more comfort though so have now put it on a couple of the Decathlon inflatable bases. Wow, these things are brilliant, yes it’s more money but our camping sleep is honestly just as comfortable as our own bed at home.

We tend to camp for about 4 weeks of the year so it was money well spent to be so well rested.

I commented on an earlier post by Apretext where I mentioned that I have a 15cm version of the mattress. I don’t know how to link to it here, but you might find it if you search. There is some comment in that thread on size and fit which you might find useful. It is bulky when packed, but this is compensated by the comfort. I found it as good as sleeping on a proper bed, with my last camp on it being for seven nights. The best price I found was from Funky Leisure.

Edited to add link:

Last edited by a moderator:
Slept on it properly for the first time this weekend. Was very comfy, almost as good as a real mattress at home. Did struggle to get it packed down again small enough, but I then realised when I got home (and watched a video), that the valves rotate, so you can have both as inflate or deflate... packed much smaller now!

Thanks for the info, yes I know it's a compromise on roll up size so its sleeping ability does appear to make up for it, which is the important thing :thumbsup:

Back