Vango Drive Away Awning Attachment

Boweyes

hi all

I’m pretty close to buying a Vango air beam drive away awning, but am baffled by the various ways of attaching it to my van!

I have a T6 Kombi with no roof rails or pop up roof, so have the roof rack bolts which I can use.

Can anyone recommend a mount to bolt to the roof and anything else I need? From reading online I believe I need a couple of additional attachments to make it drive away?

It would be useful if it avoids rubbing on the paintwork as what I’ve seen looks like it may.

Thanks in advance !

If you have a standard non converted roof, I would absolutely get a rail as @Higgidav says. They are however very easy to make yourself for about £20- your local caravan shop will sell the C channel. ( I made one for my Trafic van and attached it in about 15 mins flat).

Reimo multirails are fantastic for converted vans.

I have had a driveaway in the past and used a pole and clamp kit with a multirail which is probably the easiest way; but, despite the rubber on the clamps I found it marks the rail. I now use a kador strip and figure of 8 which needs a bit more lining up (it does make you think twice about driving away just to get a bottle of milk!)

Thanks for your replies guys, that's been helpful! I've seen a rail at lightning leisure, just wondering whether it will be better to get a rail for roof bars so the c rail sits above the gutter rather than in it so there's less chance of rubbing?

Higgidav - what vinyl do you use, I've been looking and found stuff you stick on the van but no temporary stuff?

It’s the vinyl that is used for putting signage on glass (externally). I use a local picture framing business that has a cutter and just feed it a dxf file. Fix it with a little soap and water and remove it with gentle heat from a hair dryer.

The vinyl is thicker than automotive vinyl so protects the paint brilliantly. I’m still working on perfecting the dxf file but here is a photo of the rear quarter currently.

Once I get it tweaked I will put the details on here where I get it from as I know they will be more than happy to supply others using my template.

0EA59D77-E7F1-4F9E-BC1E-A1B8E56EE839.jpeg

Back