Vangear Maxi, Maxi XS or Evo Micropod 9722

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone got any of the above? We are looking to install in our LWB shuttle.

Reviving an old non-thread....

.....I'm lookingvat the Vangear Maxi-xs pod and modular system. Anyone got any feedback on similar.

What's the durability like on the unit finish?
I'm looking at the slightly smaller XS as I have electrics and a control panel just behind the drivers seat so my max width is down from 2150mm to 2000mm and I could plump for the full modular system.

Its picked up a couple of little scratches, I have a fuseboard to the left of the fridge on the inside. Cables runs out of one of the large vent holes at the back and then under the carpet to the leisure battery with a quick release for when the unit needs to come out. Dimensions for my unit are Width 950mm Depth 410mm Height 685 mm

I went down there initially to see how it would fit (they are in Brighton)

What's the durability like on the unit finish?
I'm looking at the slightly smaller XS as I have electrics and a control panel just behind the drivers seat so my max width is down from 2150mm to 2000mm and I could plump for the full modular system.
@Sackmycook Did you buy one of these in the end? I’m thinking about the campervan maxi pod as an interim measure whilst we save to finish the conversion.

Last edited:
@Sackmycook Did you buy one of these in the end? I’m thinking about the campervan maxi pod as an interim measure whilst we save to finish the conversion.
Yes, went for the Maxi XS kitchen pod with a slightly enlarged fridge stand and the adjustable storage cupboard. Had to go for the slightly smaller XS kitchen as my electric control panel and diesel heater controller are right behind the drivers seat. @davecdjt

Yes, went for the Maxi XS kitchen pod with a slightly enlarged fridge stand and the adjustable storage cupboard. Had to go for the slightly smaller XS kitchen as my electric control panel and diesel heater controller are right behind the drivers seat. @davecdjt
Thanks. I'm waiting for VanGear to send me some photos of the Maxi Pod - they're building some this week and will take some additional photos showing the storage space inside. I guess they'll add these photos to the website as well. I'm thinking of having the fridge stand but like you have a larger one than the standard small one. I want to have a decent size fridge on it. We will not go for the tall storage unit though as we have had rear quarter windows installed on both sides to give maximum light inside the van. I'd be grateful if you'd share some photos of the units in place so that I can visualise the fit in my van. I have a SWB, what is yours? Thanks again. :thumbsup:

@davecdjt pics as requested. I had to jiggle the front position of the units (they don't line up) as my consumer unit was in the way and the Vevor 40l fridge was a bit wide....

20220609_102506.jpg

20220609_102539.jpg

20220609_102607.jpg

No worries. The units come with little round plastic feet on each corner, I guess for if they go on a rail or similar. I removed these (just one screw) to give a flusher unit to floor look.
The kitchen pod and cabinet are secured with rivnuts whilst the cooler stand is secured using woodscrew and wide rubber washers (you can just see in the photo)

No worries. The units come with little round plastic feet on each corner, I guess for if they go on a rail or similar. I removed these (just one screw) to give a flusher unit to floor look.
The kitchen pod and cabinet are secured with rivnuts whilst the cooler stand is secured using woodscrew and wide rubber washers (you can just see in the photo)
Thanks again. I still have the soft Kombi floor and seat fixings so I can use the j hooks for some of the fixtures. I may be able to use the lashing points to secure other parts until we have a proper flooring put in with the Clearcut Conversion bed we plan to install. I have asked the guys at VanGear if they could make a custom, length fridge shelf that might run the distance from the side of the Maxi Pod to the back door over the wheel arch. I'd put the fridge on it and then use the remaining space for accessible storage.

They didn't charge any extra for my extra 10cm on my fridge stand so hopefully you will be in luck.
I did reject my first kitchen pod as the sink and hob unit had been fitted poorly, glass doors were rubbing and the actual unit was badly scratched. I'd give it a good going over after you get it.

They didn't charge any extra for my extra 10cm on my fridge stand so hopefully you will be in luck.
I did reject my first kitchen pod as the sink and hob unit had been fitted poorly, glass doors were rubbing and the actual unit was badly scratched. I'd give it a good going over after you get it.
Oh, that's a shame. Hopefully, if we get one it will be built new and unmarked! I'm waiting for a reply to the question about building the shelf. I'll let you know what they come back with. :)

Back