Van won’t start

Matt_d_1985

Hi All,

I have a 2019 T6 and long story short, when I try to start my van everything powers up but then there are 3 loud beeps and it won’t even attempt to turn over. The engine light is on.

Here’s the long story. I have been installing an electrical hookup and took the opportunity to reorganise the leisure battery systems.

the van had an OEM leisure battery and split charge relay. Last year i removed the OEM split charger from its holder and installed a CTEK. This year, I’m trying to fit a bit more under the seats, so I cut back the wiring going to the relay holder as it took up quite a bit of space. It was a live wire and a smaller (I assume) ignition wire. I assumed as the relay was no longer in use there would be no harm in cutting back the wiring and capping it off. I did this whilst the main battery was disconnected.

prior to doing this, I accessed the fuse box that sits under the main vans battery to try and remove the fuse for the OEM leisure battery supply, but I couldn’t work out which one to remove so gave up on that idea.

I’m quite confident that cutting the OEM leisure battery split charger cables down, wouldn’t stop it starting, so I assume somewhere along the line I’ve blown an important fuse somewhere else. Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Yes, but it's embarrassing so I don't want to say.....................lol

I opened up the midi fuse box under the battery to discover I hadn't tightened the top bolt that holds the fuse it. Tightened it up and all 19 errors disappeared and she started the first time. What a dumbass. Still, better that then a serious issue!

Yes, but it's embarrassing so I don't want to say.....................lol

I opened up the midi fuse box under the battery to discover I hadn't tightened the top bolt that holds the fuse it. Tightened it up and all 19 errors disappeared and she started the first time. What a dumbass. Still, better that then a serious issue!
Everybody f&$ks up now and then, anybody who doesn‘t never does anything!

Back