Van style side bars fitting help !

Bodyboarder81

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all , hope everyone is having a good day

I’ve just attempted to fit my Vanstyle 60mm black side bars .....

Started at the drivers front , as per instructions... and got stuck straight away :(

there’s one L shape bracket / bolt that you have to remove a large bung in the chassis and then try to put the bolt through a another small rubber bung hole .... if I drop the bracket I can’t see a way of getting it out ! Gave up .... anybody have any tips of how they done it ?
Any help much appreciated:)

If they’re the same fixings as mine, (i have trapezoidal bars) you remove the bung from the chassis, put the L shaped bolt into the hole so the thread points downwards and the L bit is placed between the outer and inner skin of the chassis. I didn’t have to get it through another bung as I think you are suggesting. Once you have both front and rear in place like this, you offer up the bars and put the nuts on the threaded bit.
I had a little trouble getting the front L bolts in place but a little perseverance and persuasion got them in. The gap between skins was a little less on the front that at the rear.

Hi all, hope the rest of the fitting went well, did you have to cut the under tray at all and if so what did you use to cut it? Hoping to fit some trapezoid bars to our t6 this weekend!

I have their round bars from vanstyle and I had to cut the undertrays, there was instructions on how and what to cut but these weren’t great and advised to cut out massive slots whereas I fitted the undertrays back on loosely and marked up and cut just what was needed which was hardly anything if I remember correctly

I have their round bars from vanstyle and I had to cut the undertrays, there was instructions on how and what to cut but these weren’t great and advised to cut out massive slots whereas I fitted the undertrays back on loosely and marked up and cut just what was needed which was hardly anything if I remember correctly
I did the same. Offered the panel back up against the exposed bolt to mark it - then used a 22mm drill bit (rather than cut it) so that it went back over the bolt and nut when I offered it up again

Thanks for the advice, all sorted with a junior hacksaw and a drill, much neater! Also 'invested' in some front mud flaps to reduce spray up underneath now there are some (fairly small) holes.

20210131_104925.jpg

20210131_104941.jpg

Back