Help! Side Bar Bolts required.

Crayfish

I bought some T6 side bars in the summer but have only just got round to fitting them. The rear brackets went on well but the front ones don't fit. I require the L-shaped bolts that fit into the holes where the rubber bungs are. I have searched the internet for days trying to find these with no luck. Does anyone know where I can purchase 4 bolts? I have attached pictures of the fittings I have which don't fit, and a screen shot from a video of the ones everyone else seems to have.

IMG_2825.PNG

IMG_2821.JPG

Top picture is what i'm looking for, bottom picture is the ones I have which don't fit into the front holes.

Try speaking to Van Style they sent me a replacement when i lost one of mine into the sill when fitting.
If not you should be able to make one easily enough with a bolt and a piece of fly bar just cut to length and drill a hole

Hiya and HNY!

There is a company in Andover called Wessex Fixings....they are quite good as sourcing weird and wonderful screws/bolts etc! Give them a bell...I’m not sure if they do email yet

Try speaking to Van Style they sent me a replacement when i lost one of mine into the sill when fitting.
If not you should be able to make one easily enough with a bolt and a piece of fly bar just cut to length and drill a hole
Much easier solution! Good one

Can you cut / file the original so it matches the last picture? Also, the front ones on mine only seemed to go in one way - have you explored all routes in?

Can you cut / file the original so it matches the last picture? Also, the front ones on mine only seemed to go in one way - have you explored all routes in?
I did, managed to wiggle the rear ones in but there is no way the front ones are going in. I have watched the video from the company I bought them from and they fish them through, but the underside of my T6 looks different and this isn't posible.

It is tricky they do fit they go in one hole and poke out the other.. the way to do it is use wire to pull the bolt through

Hi everyone has anyone been successful in sourcing replacement sidebar fittings for the Trapeziod style bars? I have removed mine and one of the bolts has sheared and I need a replacement. See pic any help would be appreciated
4FAB6B5D-910F-4BEA-B221-2D7CBF5CFCED.png

Back