Van Style - Bilstein & Eibach pro lowering kit B12 vs dealer lowering

covbuggy

Hi All,

Just ordered by T6 Kombi.

Initially I had gone for the dealer lowering option which I think is the Eibach 30mm sport line kit. The cost for this is circa £500+ vat from the dealer.

Looking this this forum I have come across Van Style who do the above kit at £625+vat with free fitting so seem like a non brainier to me why I would go go better shocks at the slight extra cost. Van is not here till next rear so prebooking it at Van Style will not be a problem.

Anyone use the above kit? Any opinions, thoughts would be appreciated on the ride quality.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

In my humble opinion the b12 kit is the best suspension upgrade money can buy for the transporter chassis. The ride height is spot on and wont affect rear tyer wear adversley and the ride is firm but still active so no crashing and banging but improved cornering. They also virtually elininate van wallow. I have had them on our demo van for over 2 years with no problems at all.

@covbuggy I had the eibach 30mm kit fitted at my main dealer last week for £420inc vat, so worth ringing around your local dealers for comparison, I'm happy with the results, but what I like may be different to how somebody else wants them.

@covbuggy What made you change your mind? I'm looking at the B12 option to save a few £££'s as I'm not really bothered about the adjustability, but want a better ride if lowering. Can anybody confirm the B12 kit will have better ride characteristics than if I just opted for lowering springs? I'd like to go lower but I don't want a crashy ride. It's not that great as it is!

I put them on my T5 and the difference was night and day. It handles like a well set up car with no wallow at all. I'll be putting them on the Caravelle when the time comes.

B14 ‘s got them on my Vectra super touring, drives like a race car. But will be fitting H&R coil over kit that has Koni shocks. To the my van cause they are not such a harsh drive. And react to the road conditions far better being a duel tube shocker.

@covbuggy What made you change your mind? I'm looking at the B12 option to save a few £££'s as I'm not really bothered about the adjustability, but want a better ride if lowering. Can anybody confirm the B12 kit will have better ride characteristics than if I just opted for lowering springs? I'd like to go lower but I don't want a crashy ride. It's not that great as it is!
Hi, Sorry for the late reply....
I chose the coilover in the end mainly because I wanted to go lower than 30mm and still have good ride quality. Also there were not many reviews on ride quality on the B12 kit. I have had theB14 for approx 5k miles now with 60mm drop and been super happy with the ride quality over the standard setup - it almost as good as my car.

Back