Van-dalism

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
North Wales Live: Foul four lettered swear word scratched on surfer's van parked up at Anglesey beauty spot.

Just saw this. A little annoying. Hope no-one else has experienced this. Thought North Wales was free of idiots like this.
(Let's ignore the probably millenial "reporter" who doesn't know a VW from a Vauxhall)

And look at the first comment! I feel like my pastime of campervanning has been damaged forever :confused:

That is a dreadful comment, unfortunately trolls like that are everywhere on line these days.

What also worries me though is that the article referred to a “converted Vauxhall Transporter” :eek:

With a name like Jaymelouise Hudspith you've gotta expect an IQ somewhere south of her shoe size.
At least she can use a spell checker, which is more than most!
Don't get me started on its grammar... "I don’t know to understand why..." Thick.

But the point is, the van was damaged in broad daylight, on Anglesey. I like Anglesey. Want to go back there. Has anyone seen this sort of thing elsewhere in north Wales?

Yes - the North Wales population have had a down on the English for years and years. When I lived on Anglesey in the late 60's it was all burning the holiday cottages. They are happy to take the tourist dollar but still do not like the English. I met Dafydd Iwan ( former Plaid Cymru President) briefly in my time there ( in connection with folk singing rather than politics ) and his hatred was on a par with some Muslim adherents that I talked to in Egypt. I think that he has mellowed a bit over the years but the underlying current of feeling in North Wales is still resentment for past wrongs and current slights against the Welsh.

Perhaps the answer is to put some of those Cymru dragon stickers on the van when we go to Wales ?
Have been to all parts of Wales for many years, and have never seen any animosity directed at the English.

Pete

Oh.....we’ve been to Rhosneigr recently...it’s beautiful small place ...but lots of money on display...but it does drive house costs up so locals are pushed out.

Expect it lockdown resentment :inlove:

Apparently,they see their reflection in the paintwork...and headbutt it.

Moral of the story

Don't polish your van and leave it in a field full of sheep,all weekend.

Apparently,they see their reflection in the paintwork...and headbutt it.

Moral of the story

Don't polish your van and leave it in a field full of sheep,all weekend.
Happened to my Dad's dark blue Singer Chamois on Skye in the 1960s. He still goes on about it.

Back