USB socket location

Big.mac

VIP Member
T6 Guru
OK folks, looking for advice here on where to put a USB socket and/or a 12v outlet for use by rear passengers in my twin slider Kombi.
I have both a 12v socket and twin USB charger socket in the rear of the van which is good for plugging in fridge etc or general use while parked up. Although they can be reached (just) while driving they are not ideal if you’re sat in the rear seats and just need to charge your phone. I’m sure someone must have done this before.....
I still have the original plastic covers on the seat bases and leisure battery is below driver seat and very close to cover so not convinced there is room to get one in there which would have been the obvious place (pic below).

I kind of think the best place is somewhere central so it can be accessed easily from any seat in the back. Places I have thought about:
  • Rear or side of handbrake cover. Don’t know if there is enough room. Anyone done this?
  • side of passenger seat base (Would need to put a cover over the rear to protect it as this is where i keep my jack.
  • B pillar (not central and also want to put a table leg onto the passenger side)
How have you guys done this please?

0CA091D1-5A21-4620-9CA2-3EF24DD3A1FD.jpeg

I ran a lead down the B pillar and mounted them in the small ply panel. Mine started as a panel van, not sure what is there I a Kombi.

Back