Unsure of speed limits

This should help explain.

It’s not my letter but a screen shot from on here somewhere. What your van is classified as has nowt to do with speed limits, it’s what it actually is that matters.

(Mind it looks like classification might matter for future Low Emission Zones )

View attachment 129729
Hi there

Please don’t get annoyed by this but I’ve been going backward and forwards on sites and posts still trying to get to the bottom of this speed limit issue.
I have a 2016 lwb t6 shuttle which is as built. I’ve checked the v5 and it shows, (body-mpv, tax class-diesel car, seats-9, catergory-m1).
Can I drive at 60/70/70? I’ve read loads of posts saying yes due to the m1 but then others say no due to the weight. I think it’s the fact that it says diesel car as tax class that makes it ok but I know I could be wrong.
I understand this has been covered lots of times but I’m still in a muddle

Hi there

Please don’t get annoyed by this but I’ve been going backward and forwards on sites and posts still trying to get to the bottom of this speed limit issue.
I have a 2016 lwb t6 shuttle which is as built. I’ve checked the v5 and it shows, (body-mpv, tax class-diesel car, seats-9, catergory-m1).
Can I drive at 60/70/70? I’ve read loads of posts saying yes due to the m1 but then others say no due to the weight. I think it’s the fact that it says diesel car as tax class that makes it ok but I know I could be wrong.
I understand this has been covered lots of times but I’m still in a muddle
M1 = car speed limits, simple as that.

Reactions: CAB
Back