Unable to contact Pendle

stuartfras

2016 Trendline
T6 Pro
Hi folks,

I have a remap booked in with Pendle on 1st of May. I have been trying to get in touch to confirm that they're not taking the day off due to the bank holiday.

This is made slightly more difficult by the fact they don't do emails or social media messages. Is there any other way I can contact them other than the landline? Just had my phone sat ringing out for 30 minutes today and was similar yesterday. I'm phoning in the 10-12 window they outline on their website.

Have already booked online and paid my deposit but heard a story from elsewhere that someone had turned up and they were shut! I'm travelling from Inverness so can't really afford that.

Think theres been a few threads on here, some saying they've closed down. Have a search, top right.

Think theres been a few threads on here, some saying they've closed down. Have a search, top right.
It’s pretty obvious from those threads they haven’t closed down, which is why I’m asking if there’s a better way to get in touch.

Have phoned, emailed, used website to try and reach them (over a period of a week) but no joy. I have no idea whether they have closed down or not, but this is a curious way to run a business given I was prepared to spend £500+ with them. I wish them well but I am going to need to look elsewhere.

Have phoned, emailed, used website to try and reach them (over a period of a week) but no joy. I have no idea whether they have closed down or not, but this is a curious way to run a business given I was prepared to spend £500+ with them. I wish them well but I am going to need to look elsewhere.
There's a Facebook post from April 9th so I'm not convinced they've shut down. Having said that, for someone to have paid a £50 deposit and have no way of contacting them is frustrating at best.

Or find a Pendle agent much closer to home and let them sort all the communications out. I’ll bet they have a more direct and accessible method and you won’t have a massive drive without knowing if he’ll be there or not.

Or find a Pendle agent much closer to home and let them sort all the communications out. I’ll bet they have a more direct and accessible method and you won’t have a massive drive without knowing if he’ll be there or not.
Not a bad shout either but I've paid my deposit so will try and contact him first of all!

It's a frustrating situation that could be easily solved. A quick Facebook post from Pendle to say what's going on (could be family circumstances or anything) and I think most fair-minded people would understand. The owner seems like a decent guy to me.

Pendle HQ has always been difficult for customers to contact, both before and after any job. He can also be quite abrupt, and will readily hang up if he doesn’t like your attitude - as happened to me when I interrupted him to try to explain that my TSI had an LPG conversion (something I thought was quite important for him to know). God knows how he will deal with anyone phoning up to complain? He obviously makes a comfortable enough living through his agent network that he doesn’t worry about a few dissatisfied customers (or potential customers). So you have to either accept that, or go elsewhere.
Good Luck.

It's a frustrating situation that could be easily solved. A quick Facebook post from Pendle to say what's going on (could be family circumstances or anything) and I think most fair-minded people would understand. The owner seems like a decent guy to me.
More or less how I feel. We had a very similar experience in New Zealand when travelling with a man who ran a winery and, according to online reviews, was abrasive and not worth visiting. In the end we went and it was the best wine related experience we had on our entire trip. I'm hoping this is along the same lines!

To bring this to a close, after over a week of trying to get in touch I finally heard from them yesterday evening. I got a reminder via SMS regarding my appointment which I then replied to saying I wouldn't be able to attend as I'd had no response via email, telephone or Facebook message. I received a phone call whilst in the borders (I had no signal and had to hang up) and I then received an email asking for me to call on Tuesday, be a man and apologise - for what exactly I'm still not sure. Quite a bizarre exchange of emails followed (especially surprising since I'd struggled to get one email out of them in the previous 2 weeks), the conclusion being that I won't be considering Pendle Performance for any work on my van in the future.

Highlight of my interaction was being accused of "acting like a baby spitting his dummy out" for simply for wanting to communicate with a company I was trying to give £550 to.

Thanks for the update. I have tried and failed many times in my efforts to get in touch with Pendle. Let’s hope this is just crossed-wires and a temporary period of uncertainty. So good luck to them but I’m out.

Back