U.K. To Italy.

What do you guys use for storage when travelling long distances ?
Trailers? Roof boxes? Tow bar box?
With two kids in tow I’ll need something extra for storage.
Roofbox, mainly because it's what we already have, but also because it's probably the least likely to be "attacked".

Pete

Anything which increases the vehicle drag is going to cost extra in fuel. It may work out cheaper to buy the what you need at your destination.

Wot e sed (but that's probably not much use to you with kiids on board).

Last edited:
What do you guys use for storage when travelling long distances ?
Trailers? Roof boxes? Tow bar box?
With two kids in tow I’ll need something extra for storage.
Presumably you have a standard built van? Barn doors instead of tailgate from your forum pic?

Some of the guys use a tow bar box that fits on a bike rack. Direct to tow bar is also possible.

Saw them at one of the shows.

Edited: Wrong box so i’ve removed the link.

Equally the smart use of plastic storage boxes behind the barn doors works well with some of the guys.

Presumably you have a standard built van? Barn doors instead of tailgate from your forum pic?

Some of the guys use a tow bar box that fits on a bike rack. Direct to tow bar is also possible.

Saw them at one of the shows.

Edited: Wrong box so i’ve removed the link.

Equally the smart use of plastic storage boxes behind the barn doors works well with some of the guys.
Yeah standard van conversion with barn doors.
Was thinking of getting a tow bar fitted , but then just seen how much the velospace is before I buy the box.

Yeah standard van conversion with barn doors.
Was thinking of getting a tow bar fitted , but then just seen how much the velospace is before I buy the box.
You could try BuzzRack. they going a decent write up: £160 fitted. A travel bag from Halfords would fit on it as well or any sturdy box you may have..

Back