Twin USB socket (no LED)

Hi guys

Does anyone know of a twin USB socket that does not have any lights on it. I want to charge my phone when asleep in the camper and hence do not desire LEDs shining in my face. Ideally something this size would do. Thanks1590050572143.png
1590050572143.png

Can you open and desolder the LED?

I have a voltage readout one and it’s like a green floodlight at night.

Slight thread hijack - do these have a parasitic load when not in use (circuitry to drop to 5V)?

Ian

Nice clamp meter, what is the tollerance on DC current measurement? I won't worry about the 8mA as I installed a 100w solar panel yesterday

Yeah I’ve been pleased with it. It’ll read down to 1 mA on DC clamp. Does AC too. It’s a really nice autoranging meter. Has non contact high voltage detection too, and a backlight which is a bonus!

Yeah I’ve been pleased with it. It’ll read down to 1 mA on DC clamp. Does AC too. It’s a really nice autoranging meter. Has non contact high voltage detection too, and a backlight which is a bonus!
I am a fixed wire inspection and test enginner and sign off petrol stations etc. I have a AC clamp meter that reads down to 0.0000A
I've always wanted that DC clamp meter and my dad bought one recently for working on his yacht electrics

It was about £30 on eBay! It’s been great on the van for working out loads and wire ratings etc.

Yes, they do. I measured mine at 8mA with no load.

I would not use a 200A clamp meter to accurately measure a mA load.

Use a normal multimeter and place it in series on a suitable low mA range if you want an accurate reading.

I believe it is rated at 100A

You are correct. The UT210E is 100A. That does not change a thing. Clamp meters are designed to measure amps reasonably accurately - not mA! The lowest range is 2A so that is a bit of a clue.

I would not use a 200A clamp meter to accurately measure a mA load.

Use a normal multimeter and place it in series on a suitable low mA range if you want an accurate reading.

1FD46867-8B77-4FCB-BD81-C965E0DFE3D9.jpeg
I’ve checked the clamp meter before and it has a pretty good resolution at low current.

I’ve checked the clamp meter before and it has a pretty good resolution at low current.

I am surprised. Most high quality clamp meters that measure in ranges of 100's of amps, e.g. Fluke, often only have a resolution down to 100mA in the display; i.e. you can only measure to 1 decimal place; e.g. 22.4A.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked this. I just used the clamp one as the other one wasn’t in my garage, and the Uni-T was!

Back