Turn down reverse beeping?

RattyMcClelland

Chipsaway - South Nottingham
T6 Legend
Can this be done?
It's very loud and annoying and when you stop and take it out of gear it still beeps until you pull away or switch off.

Please don't say it can be done via the oem radio.

Where is the speakers for it. I'll muffle them.

I don't know about turning the volume down but I can tell you why they continue to sound after you take the vehicle out of reverse.

Earlier versions went silent when the vehicle was taken out of reverse but drivers often let their vehicle continue to roll backwards. I don't need to say more about the consequences! :eek: Hence the delay in cutting the reversing sensors off on the newer systems.

Rod

Can this be done?
It's very loud and annoying and when you stop and take it out of gear it still beeps until you pull away or switch off.

The sounder is behind the rear passenger panel, the front one behind passenger B pillar trim

They can be turned down using VCDS, also you can change the tone..

The sounder is behind the rear passenger panel, the front one behind passenger B pillar trim

They can be turned down using VCDS, also you can change the tone..

Any idea where i can find the reverse tone volume in the VCDS as i would like to turn it down abit ?

Guessing it will be in PDC module under adaptions, will have a look for you mate

Heres the full options for module 10
Code:
10 – Park/Steer Assist
Adaption Options
IDE01165-Park assist activation tone
IDE01169-Audio reduction request
IDE01170-Visual display for park assist
IDE02325-Reset to factory setting
IDE80001-Analysis 1
MAS01426-Speaker volume for rear park assist
MAS01427-Speaker frequency for rear park assist

Can this be done?

Oops I did just say that as I thought it could?!

You probably won’t be able to increase it much, but on other VWs I’ve changed the tone which made it appear louder

It was working at an acceptable level, but I upgraded the software on the alpine last night and can now barely hear it.

I’m about to plug in my Ross tech so will have a look for the tone setting at the same time

You probably won’t be able to increase it much, but on other VWs I’ve changed the tone which made it appear louder
You Sir, are a Star! :inlove:

Knocking the setting from 6 to 9 in speaker volume helped, but changing the tone/frequency from 4 to 8 has made the biggest difference

Huge thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Back