Tsi Project Van

Hi All, I,m new on here but this seems to be the place for T6 interest,
I,m expecting delivery next week of a new TSI T6 its going to be a project van with big power, I already own a T6 2017 bitdi running a Revo map but wanted to do something a little different so have decided to go down the TSI route, van will be in Acapulco blue with a fairly low spec but I have ready 20 inch alloys and Golf Gti
flappy paddle s, wheel, Miltek cat back zorst, lowering springs, Recaro sportster seats front and rear spoilers, roof bars, sill bars, and its more or less booked in with Pendle for a 320hp map then as advised put a few thousand miles on her and then go hybrid turbo, fuel pump and intercooler to make well over 400 hp, brembo brake upgrade will arrive next week so I'm going to be busy, will do some kind of build thread if there is interest, can anyone recommend where I can buy twin electric side door kits?
cheers

Sounds epic , Interested in how the seats go in as I want to change mine for some recaros

Hi I have a tsi with the remap and looked into the next stage but no one makes a down pipe so you will have to get a one off made on the turbo side of things you will have to find someone to make pipe work to the air filter because it is the opposite side to the golf and I haven’t found a company that has hybrid a transporter turbo yet it would be good to see how you get along

Sounds epic....

Looking forward to this one.

Is This 400bhp going through the stock clutch/gearbox and front wheel drive.? . . . Or you going the 4motion route?

Im sure 400Bhp would smoke them tyres ia a FWD van.

Not sure that the stock clutch/gearbox/drive shafts can handle BHP wise.

Last edited:
hi all,
my old transporter which my lad now has the recaros fitted I did them myself had to buy new sliders and if I remember fitted some like 3x2 aluminium box section to get the height pretty easy job,
and wish I had won the lottery.., the new van will be dsg boxed so capable of much more power, I,m aware of downpipe issue but will have one custom made same with inlet pipe keep you posted.....

Its certainly an epic thing, the re-mapped TSI. -We are chuffed with ours. Stage 2 is a big jump, and has has been pointed out will be fully custom pipe work. Wessex vans have gone this route (but I understand on the grape vine that they blew a gearbox in the process)

Brakes are next on the list for ours. We are running Bilstein B14 with ARB’s and Contintal SPort 6 tyres, so nice and sticky. It does torque steer - But it is very quick :)

Ours is a REVO Stage 1, if you want to give it a try. Its going on the Dyno in a couple of weeks just to give us some numbers, but I’m all about how a vehicle drives, and how it delivers the power, which REVO do a a very smooth and non spikey manner.

Good luck with your build, will be following ....

Thanks for your reply, I'm big revo fan as I have my bitdi revo mapped and it flies and is super smooth, much better than the map on my previous van by someone else!!!, I tried to research your van but could only
find a few youtube vids awesome..., I,m not sure which route to go down brembo or custom AP,im like you it really needs to drive well did the Wessex van have a DSG box I thought these could handle big power?,
I welcome any help you can give, did the bilstein and ARB make much difference ??
cheers

well my new tranny arrived at the dealers today popped in for a look and it looked bit sad sat in the pound grubby and standard looking won't be like this for long, I've decided to go the revo route for mapping and I've found a solution to the down pipe straight off the turbo to a decat pipe to a millek un resinated pipe so it will be loud decided I'm going to go revo stage 2 so will hopefully end up with circa 320hp was told collection will be middle next week but have my doubts theres a fair amount of work to do before I collect, ordered some bilsteins b14s too struggling with the intercooler at the mo might have to have a custom made job....

I've had the new transporter now since last thursday, its now in the workshop few bits of trim fitted and the massive Wagner intercooler fitted along with the new alloys and drivers side recaro seat, the full Miltek has a arrived the downpipe is in fabrication so its all coming together i have gone down the route of 6pot AP callipers with massive floating disks sourced from Reyland, i,m hoping its about a week away from completion, i have covered about 300 miles in it as standard and its so different to my 204 diesel which with the revo map just pulls and pulls..... i will post some pics when i get chance.......

Hi who have you found to make the down pipe so I can give them a ring for a price to make me one thanks

yeah, we have a Miltek golf downpipe which my guys are starting to refabricate tomorrow to add V bands (to re add the cat if needed) and make it work on the T6 as soon as i have more info i will let you know, as i,m the first to do this it will be a bit timesum but these guys have worked magic on some of my other projects.......

Back