Trialling 20" wheels?

JamesDon

This is a long shot but I'm giving it a go anyway ...

I've been searching for the perfect alloy wheel for weeks now and really struggling with van being a T32.
I spent an hour at Wheelbase yesterday trying different styles and finally settled on the Judd 311r in a 19" in silver which looked amazing. However in 19" it only has a load rating of 815kg which according to them is more than enough as 3200kg ÷ 4 is 800kg.
Obviously this calculation is correct and makes sense but I knew it wasn't as simple as that. I've since learnt via this forum that its 860kg (half of the max rear axel weight).

I'm currently on 19"s with Koni shocks and lowered about 50mm and the ride is acceptable but I'd really like to trial the van with a set of 20" wheels as this gives me so much more choice as all the styles I like are adequately load rated in this size and would allow me to get the look I want.

So I'm wondering, does anyone in the Warrington/Cheshire area have an old set of 20"s available that I could borrow for a day? I'd be happy to pay some money and ideally it would be an old set that isn't pristine, just in case they get marked at all (I'd do my best to avoid this obviously!).

If you've read all of the above then thank you and I await your offers

Thanks
James

Last edited:
Back