Traveling in the lockdown

As much as you might love your van, it’s hardly what one might call essential travel! I’m amazed that you would even think to ask.

Lol prob something I wouldn’t announce.. :slow rofl:

Depends what you class as a essential stuff for your van! I wont judge :thumbsup:

If the shop is open with what you want on sale, then presumably you can go and buy it in any vehicle you like.
Collecting private purchases could be seen differently though.

Pete

Hi are people still traveling in the lockdown to buy stuff for their vans
Depends what stuff you mean, washer fluid, a headlight bulb, oil, other things I would call essential, yes, Halfords are still open because the government has classified that type of product as essential.
A furry dice to hang off your mirror, perhaps not.
Pauly explained it in fewer words!

Last edited:
I thought I read that click and collect stores were allowed to stay open.

Would you not be able to collect parts if it was classed as click and collect?

I'm a train driver and trust me - plenty of people are still travelling
Tbf people who have to work are still catching rush hour trains, which is fair enough. But it's the tracksuit wearing - no mask wearing scrotes that are travelling around the rest of the day because they know no-one is checking tickets that boil my piss!!

Sorry for the rant - back to the vans :thumbsup:

To answer the question about buying bits for the van though, I can't see a problem as long as it's done socially distanced and safely
I'm picking up my front seats later this week but will be straight there & straight back - no hugging

It is all about common sense!

I drop the boys for the school bus tomorrow morning and then travel 30 mins to pick up some wheels from a fellow forum member! He will let me check over the wheels socially distanced and I can pay him by transfer from my phone. That is no different from “click and collect” in my view.

The seller gets a few quid before Xmas and I get some wheels to tart up at home....all contactless, distant etc. I don’t think either of us is putting anyone at risk.

I completely agree with the comments expressed by the train driver earlier in this thread.

To answer the question about buying bits for the van though, I can't see a problem as long as it's done socially distanced and safely
I'm picking up my front seats later this week but will be straight there & straight back - no hugging
Just saw this after I’d posted! Yep, I’m not hugging or kissing when I pick up my wheels either!

The key phrase is essential travel, so service yes, new 20” rims no. A month isn’t going to kill you is it?
Sanity versus vanity! A van can be driven for a month without a service but it can’t be driven at all without wheels!

Sanity versus vanity! A van can be driven for a month without a service but it can’t be driven at all without wheels!
I might be wrong but I'm guessing that the van in question already has a set of perfectly serviceable wheels and therefore, picking up the new ones just to tart it up a bit would not be an essential trip. I suspect that one of the reasons why we're in the position that we are now is because too many people always look to bend or circumvent any rules or are constantly pushing the envelope. My personal opinion is that those in power have got a lot wrong with the strategies employed to combat this virus BUT, I will obey the restrictions until such a time as they are eased again. One of the big issues is that the country nowadays seems to be that it's full of armchair epidemiologists who all think they know better than anyone else. That's my lot on this topic as I make it a policy never, ever to get into protracted internet debates on any issue.

I agree. We can only guess about others, but we know our own situations. People should apply common sense and assess the risks when determining what is essential travel.

Back