Travelin-lite reverse camera

T65475

Hi all. I am literally at my wits end. I have installed a reverse camera but I cannot get it to work!!! It is the wired sort with a delay module. The live pig tails on the camera cable are wired to the fuse 19 piggy back and to the green and black wire which I thought was the reverse light?? I have plugged the av cable in to the back of my kenwood head unit via the specific camera lead. Stick it reverse and nothing...... I have no idea where I am going wrong.

Can you post a pic of the fuse piggy back, there are two fuses in it?

I will pop out and take a photo.... but yes there are two 5amp fuses .... I embarrassing only put one in then realised the circuit wouldn't be completed!!! Both fuses are fine which is what's baffling me

this is basically the set up I have fitted. The only difference is that I have attached the yellow plug at the monitor end, to the dedicated reverse camera lead in the back of the head unit. A kenwood DNX525DAB

Screenshot_20220223-191851_Chrome.jpg

Hi all. I am literally at my wits end. I have installed a reverse camera but I cannot get it to work!!! It is the wired sort with a delay module. The live pig tails on the camera cable are wired to the fuse 19 piggy back and to the green and black wire which I thought was the reverse light?? I have plugged the av cable in to the back of my kenwood head unit via the specific camera lead. Stick it reverse and nothing...... I have no idea where I am going wrong.
Hi I have the same problem with the same piece of kit. How did you manage to resolve this in the end?

Mine has gone a bit weird, it works 80% of the time, then suddenly will stop working for days on end (the LEDs around the camera still work). Then out of the blue, just starts working again. It's driving me crazy. Did you earth to the tailgate or the body behind the cluster?

Mine has gone a bit weird, it works 80% of the time, then suddenly will stop working for days on end (the LEDs around the camera still work). Then out of the blue, just starts working again. It's driving me crazy. Did you earth to the tailgate or the body behind the cluster?
I've earthed to the roof, not sure why? But sanded the paint off a hole that I could get a nut and bolt around and stuck it there. Would that make a difference to the camera not coming on? Surely an earth is an earth?

I've earthed to the roof, not sure why? But sanded the paint off a hole that I could get a nut and bolt around and stuck it there. Would that make a difference to the camera not coming on? Surely an earth is an earth?
Do your LEDs light up when you put it in reverse?

Good question. Not sure, will get out there tomorrow and check.
If they light up, the camera is getting power and has ground, the time delay relay will keep them lit for about 10s after you take it out of gear (you can do all this without the engine running but the ignition turned on) also try it with the engine running. I did this by videoing it on my mobile

If they light up, the camera is getting power and has ground, the time delay relay will keep them lit for about 10s after you take it out of gear (you can do all this without the engine running but the ignition turned on) also try it with the engine running. I did this by videoing it on my mobile
Top man. Thanks for the info... This is why I love forums! I would go and check it now but it's raining cats and dogs out there!

Earthing to the tailgate (or barn doors) can be a bit flaky, you are relying on the hinges to pass a good earth path back to the chassis
Its normally good in the winter and rainy times and can be very temperamental in the summer/dry times, if you suspect this is the issue try using the negative for the number plate lights (plain brown cable) to earth the camera

Earthing to the tailgate (or barn doors) can be a bit flaky, you are relying on the hinges to pass a good earth path back to the chassis
Its normally good in the winter and rainy times and can be very temperamental in the summer/dry times, if you suspect this is the issue try using the negative for the number plate lights (plain brown cable) to earth the camera
I agree it's sub-optimal, but in my case, the camera is clearly maintaining earth, since the LEDs are illustrated even when the camera is not working on the head unit, unless you believe it could be an issue of not enough power though the tailgate ground?

Finally managed to get mine working. Having wired up as per the instructions in the box, I spoke to the supplier who sent me a different set of instructions. Followed these and bingo!

Finally managed to get mine working. Having wired up as per the instructions in the box, I spoke to the supplier who sent me a different set of instructions. Followed these and bingo!
Any useful information to share from Travelin lite?

Any useful information to share from Travelin lite?
Yes mate. Hopefully the pdf they sent me is attached. Weirdly, the diagram towards the end which makes perfect sense was very different to the one that was included in the box. I hope this helps anyone else who might be struggling. Big thanks to Loz on here who confirmed that my head unit was already pre-coded using vcds :)

Attachments

• Stereo & cam install v4 2021 (6).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
Back