Trapezoid side bars for a T6.1 SWB Polished.

Schoey

VIP Member
I'm new to the Forum and this is my first post, so here goes !
What is the difference ( apart from the big price ) between the genuine VW Trapezoid side bars and the other bars supplied from either Leighton Vans or Vanstyle for example. Also LV describes them as chromed bars where as Vanstyle polished stainless steel. So are the none VW bars chromed or polished stainless or are the two companies offering different manufactured Trapezoid side bars. I was making the assumption at both companies would be buying them from the same manufacturing supplier. Also I have seen pictures showing both open ended and closed off bars. Are the VW ones closed off and hence the higher price, but a lot to pay just for a couple of caps!
Any a

VW are not closed at the ends. They are polished stainless steel.

VW are not closed at the ends. They are polished stainless steel.
Thanks for the conformation, perhaps it was someones personal modification ?. Are the VW ones a better fit and quality, as they are a lot more money, or am I best going for the non VW standard as they are just the same ?

Fitted the Trapezoid side bars supplied by Vanstyle. very happy with them and not too bad to fit, just took my time to do a neat job of trimming the under trays with minimum clearance. Also good the bar ends are closed off which is a nice touch too. Very pleased with the result. After some good advice I also fitted some small front mudflaps. This hopefully will avoid small stones from being flicked up by the front wheel and wedging between the bar and bodywork, as the bars will flex / vibrate a little when on the road.
Very happy with the end result.

Van bars.jpgVan mudflap 1.jpgVan mudflap 2.jpgVan mudflap 3.jpgvan bar end cap.jpg

Back