Transporter HQ V3 lights not switching off and lower grill L bar DRL’s from Travelinlite not auto dimming

artywood

Need some help with Transporter HQ V3 lights and lower grill L bar DRL’s from Travelinlite.

The issue I seam to have with my current light setup on my T6 highline above is that I cannot turn off the THQ v3 lights and the lower drl’s do not dim. Possibly the lower lights not dimming may be an after problem with my main light possible.

When I have my light switch to off my main headlights DRL’s stay on.
Then if I set them to auto on the switch they stay the same.
Then when put in the side light position they dim a little. The when main lights on they stay dimmed and work correctly.

When trying all these settings the lower grill L bar DRL’s from Travelinlite do not change and stay on very bright constantly.
Currently I have a CARISTA and happy to try some settings if people can help I just don’t want to start changing anything currently in case I make anything worse.
I live in the North East Newcastle and if anyone know of any local company that could assist that would be great.

Do you mean the DRLs stay on when the ignition is off and the key is out

It sounds like the headlights are doing what they should. The problem seems to be the lower DRLs not dimming. I'd call Travlinlite and see what they have to say.

I’ve read the bit about the headlights a few times and they seem to be doing exactly what they’re supposed to. Are you expecting the headlight DRLs to turn off in the off position, because that would defeat the point?

Cant help with the bumper DRLs but you can get rid now anyway now that you have them in the headlights, always think bumper addons look like when pre-2011 vehicles tried to look more modern by adding them (or even worse, when you see people with no DRLs driving with their sidelights and fog lights on because that’s what they think DRLs are)

Hi All

Thanks for the swift replies and I will try to answer them.

Dav-Tec, No the lights do switch of when engine is off.
dubber36, I thought the DRL's were supposed to switch off when switch in off position. I will contact Travlinlite to see what they say thanks.
andys, I thought the DRL's were only supposed to come on only in the auto setting. my mistake as new to all this.

There is no settings in my vans options when looking to change if I want the DLR's enabled or not.

Last edited:
Hi All

Thanks for the swift replies and I will try to answer them.

Dav-Tec, No the lights do switch of when engine is off.
dubber36, I thought the DRL's were supposed to switch off when switch in off position. I will contact Travlinlite to see what they say thanks.
andys, I thought the DRL's were only supposed to come on only in the auto setting. my mistake as new to all this.

There is no settings in my vans options when looking to change if I want the DLR's enabled or not.
Hi mate, your lights are doing what they should, DRL means Day time Running Light so if the ignition is on the lights are on. They will dim when the side lights are on and only go off when you put your headlights on. So they are working as they should.

As for the lower ones not dimming as long as they go out when the headlights come on I wouldn't worry. Plus you want to be seen buddy the no one has the excuse of " I didn't see you".

Hope this helps

Reactions: CAB
Thanks Dav-Tec I'm more happy with the working of the THQ v3 lights now I know they are correct.

The lower ones that don't dim don't go out when headlights are on also. I was going to get a switch installed to give me an option if I want them on at all but guess I need to give Travlinlite a call. They did supply installation instructions which I did follow so hoping it's just something small that needs corrected. :)

Another quick question if ok?
Should I have an option in my van to switch DRL's on and off as I don't seem too?

Depends on your vehicle iirc I think it can be activated in your clocks possibly but I'd need to check some note I have on the laptop to be certain and I'm currently away till Monday buddy

Also if the lower DRLs are wired correctly to the DRL wire on the headlights they should operate the same

Dav-Tec I would really appreciate if you could check for me when your back please. I have a T6 highline T30 and if you need anything more then just ask as I'm very new to this and don't know what you would need to check.

I've attached the instructions for the lower drl's and I just followed them word for word and they come on so thought that was all correct.

Thank you again:)

Attachments

• T6 DRL 2015 (1).pdf
    2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Dav-Tec thinking now the wire in step 4 on the attached instructions my be wrong as the yellow/black may be for something different. :oops:

4) Connect the yellow wire from the DRL control module to the headlight wire. This is pin 6 on the vehicle harness connector for the headlamp (yellow/black) using the positap supplied. (see Posi-tap instructions)

Last edited:
I'd Double check that if it isn't connected to that it wont dim

Hi mate, your lights are doing what they should, DRL means Day time Running Light so if the ignition is on the lights are on. They will dim when the side lights are on and only go off when you put your headlights on. So they are working as they should.
That's not the case with the aftermarket headlights. The DRLs dim to become side lights, which stay on when the headlights are turned on.

Fair one. Thought they did the same from memory but it's been a while since a fitted a set

I have THQ replacement headlights with LED lamps and I’ve fitted lower bumper DRL Travenlite DRL’S to my 2017 Trendline , I thought at first they weren’t dimming as in daylight it was not obvious .. try them at dusk and turn on the light switch for main beam .. you should see the bumper DRL’s dim slighlty .. I have set the headlight DRL’s to stay on with main beam so I get more light .. as the oem H4’s were dangerous in my opinion… after night journey around lanes in DEVON in a rainstorm … I made a decision to replace with something … H4s absolute garbage

thanks guy for all the help and advice it's very much appreciated.

Mock 1962 I will give this ago tonight when it gets a little darker. I do find the lower drl's outshine the THQ v3 drl's so it may just need to see what they look like more at night.

Mocko1962 your correct as the lights do dim down a bit its just i never noticed this as I was only looking when sidelight on.

I think ill get a switch installed so i can turn off at own discretion.

Thanks for your input and everyone elses as it's great to be on a group where people are willing to help with advice and not criticism.

To be fair buddy I'm on several groups. Some Caddy based some transporter and by far this is the friendliest and has the best library of information. Even when your in the trade you don't know everything and there's always something someone knows that you didn't. Glad you got it sorted matey. Happy vanning

Back