Tracker alternatives

No to both. He mentioned that the manufacturer alarm does not have any input/output options so alarm integration would only work with an aftermarket alarm added…
no to the obd port as well.
He's wrong. So our deadlock plus is £699, includes first years subs and integrates into the factory alarm system. (We have a unique way of doing it).

Our deadlock Pro package is the same as the plus but with obd port protection which is £849

He's wrong. So our deadlock plus is £699, includes first years subs and integrates into the factory alarm system. (We have a unique way of doing it).

Our deadlock Pro package is the same as the plus but with obd port protection which is £849

dont suppose your going to autumn camp are you? ;)

Out of curiosity - how long to install the £699 option?

We're fully booked Monday mate diary is usually a week wait at the minute

We're fully booked Monday mate diary is usually a week wait at the minute
Hi dav tec
im local to you and I’m collecting a t6.1 in 2 weeks I’m looking at a tracker as my insurance request this and a ghost immobiliser
I have had a quote from another company in the midlands near where I work .
what your best deal you can do for me .
feel free to message me .

Hi dav tec
im local to you and I’m collecting a t6.1 in 2 weeks I’m looking at a tracker as my insurance request this and a ghost immobiliser
I have had a quote from another company in the midlands near where I work .
what your best deal you can do for me .
feel free to message me .
Hi mate I've PM'd you. The question is quite broad as it depends on what system they've quoted you and what that includes

Have a phantom senitel which is great, there call centre is efficient too if you have any false alarms. offer lifetime subscription too.

No experience of the product and not affiliated, but Automatrics MTrack seems like a decent bit of kit - has GPS and RF so if the vehicle is inside a warehouse with no view of the sky for the GPS the RF allows them to track it.

They also have a YouTube channel where they show their recoveries
I think they have those on our work vans - they track for about seven minutes (enough time to get from the yard to a dark quiet area) then magically no more signal.
Thieves have been removing hard wired trackers from our vans for years and years. We have tried different brands, fitters etc.
Makes you wonder if the thieves also install trackers as a sideline?

I use an apple airtag hidden in the vehicle. £25 with no annual fees to worry about.
If the thief has an iPhone is there a risk they’ll get a message saying they are next to an AirTag? Anti stalking measure.

Maybe MoniMoto might be a better ‘halfway house’ between full tracker and AirTag?

Unfortunately - depending on your van value only a thacham approved tracker and certificate will do.

I will probably get one of the self install for piece of mind, but to completely contradict myself if my van is stolen I hope I never see it again - don’t want it back if it is abused/stripped/crashed.
My exact thoughts....

Not sure if its been mentioned already but I use Trutrak for my camper

Bought one of these for my new bike...Has an airtag equivalent built in ...could be mounted in a van somewhere and has a movement sensor and alarm which is all adjustable trough the app.
Quite a neat litlle gadget for £40.

Reactions: MrD
Back