Tow bar recommendations

Ok, so I have been doing an online quote from PF.Jones for a Westfalia detachable tow bar including mobile fitting. I have chosen the vehicle specific wiring without trailer prep as stated on my build sheet (thanks Pauly!) but was unsure about 7 or 13 pin!!! What do I need please? I chose 7 pin just to get a price and it came in at £754.84. Does this seem about right?

That’s a good price. Westfalia removable fitted on site with us is £690+VAT. With dedicated wiring, correct bumper parts etc. 13 pin is the latest electrics, and the one I would recommend.

Deffo 13 pin, you can get an adapter to go back to 7 pin, but going from 7 to 13 you’ll have various features that won’t work correctly if you tow a caravan.

My T6 is a camper conversion, will it make any difference? It’s a 2019 T32 highline and was originally a Kombi with side windows. I won’t be towing a caravan, just a small trailer for camping. Will I need the additional bumper parts as I read somewhere that some vans already had them fitted?

its not the same but I've just fitted a towbar to my brothers leon, it was a westfalia kit and it wasnt too difficult the worst was finding the right connections at the fusebox and that was only due to my brother downloading the wrong diagram! took us a few days as we were limited on time and checking everything. he was going to use PF Jones in Manchester but wasnt keen on the reviews hence why we did it ourselves.

Everything was bought from ebay and i think it came in at £300 ish and that was with a 13pin and 7 pin set up but we didnt fit the 7 pin so he could sell that part on if he wanted.

Pop onto the witter website and it will give you a comparison in price. It was the best price for my westfalia detachable. Also lets you know local or mobile fitters

Go 13-pin! The price dem PFJones is a good price. If you can take a day out, go @Absolut5 - he is highly regarded on this forum!!

Think the reason I didn’t go with a westfaila was the electrics didn’t fold up and my oris did and has a dust cover on the lock which I like.
Had a westfaila on my a6 allroad but must admit there isn’t much in it.

That’s a good price. Westfalia removable fitted on site with us is £690+VAT. With dedicated wiring, correct bumper parts etc. 13 pin is the latest electrics, and the one I would recommend.
Hi, is this still the current cost and is there much availability to get it fitted?

Hi, I recently had a tow trust detachable tow bar fitted by Stef at Browns Outdoors to my T6. I have a Highline that originally had rear seats so the rear bumper strengthener was already fitted. Stef came to my place of work and fitted towbar with vehicle specific wiring and did necessary coding. Brilliant service and great guy, only does Transporters! Electrics also swivel up out of view when not being used. £680.00 all in!

Back