Tow Bar Nightmare

Vkerr

Trumpton
T6 Pro
20180305_213223.jpg 20180305_213235.jpg 20180305_213252.jpg 20180305_213303.jpg 20180305_213312.jpg
Hi all this is more for anyone living in Northern Ireland.
I had a Tow bar and vehicle specific wiring fitted at

Murphy Towbars in Carryduff.

And this is how I got my van back mud flaps not attached and cable ties holding the bumper on, needless to say I wasn't happy , so after a phone call to the boss they where very apoplectic and booked the van into rectify the problems however on collection they had replaced the bumper fixings but the mud flaps still remained unattached.
Fuming now and will never do business with them again so beware if using this company check under your van on collection.

I'd be getting a 3rd party to inspect the tow bar install to make sure that has not been bodged as well.

I'd be getting a 3rd party to inspect the tow bar install to make sure that has not been bodged as well.

Already got it booked in elsewhere for a check over.
The sad thing is I have had at least 10 Towbars fitted by them over the years and never had a problem And would have rated them highly, but not anymore.

It's a bit of a shame as I'm expecting that when you get the rest of the installation checked, it'll be given a clean bill of health. All they had to say was the original clips were damaged/lost/eaten by the dog so we've done a temporary fix on the bumper and will fit the proper ones for you when they turn up.

Back