Toilet storage

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Had to brake really hard as a New Forest Pony with a death wish galloped out in front of me today.
The force caused my toilet escape from its storage cupboard and flew into the back of the front seats was quite disconcerting!
B3775FD5-1429-499F-B9CC-62AF27B99D01.jpeg
I'm going to fit some Velcro to the bottom of the toilet/cupboard tomorrow, unless someone has a better idea!
0BCB3C47-AB6C-4502-95D6-86D712B6CF13.jpeg

What do others carrying toilets do to stop this being an issue?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CAB
We had ours tip over when I braked down a steep hill in Wales - luckily only flush fluid leaked. I now ratchet strap it down! You can get base plates for Thetford types that they clip into though the base plate needs securing down (don’t think this would work for your situation)

Couldn’t you fit a nice chrome latch across the two doors? Chandlers shops have some nice neat fittings.

Ian

A shallow enclosure made with 1cmx2cm battens. Like the ones used to make a recess for the leisure battery

They do. But they flew open in an emergency stop. Hence the post.
They shouldn’t unless something actually broke during the E/stop. Are they properly adjusted? Maybe a piece of non-slip mat under the potti would help.

They shouldn’t unless something actually broke during the E/stop. Are they properly adjusted? Maybe a piece of non-slip mat under the potti would help.
It is quite heavy, once full of water and the door seems secure once shut. It is latched quite firmly but the force created from the E/stop caused the thing to bust the door open.

I'd be happier with something a bit more "fixed" than non slip mat. I may do that but also get some bungee cord to secure the thing as well. I think that @Paynewright recognised how dangerous a bit of free surface area can be after he decided to ratchet strep his down. This really worried me after my near-miss tonight!

Reactions: CAB
I dont think it would take much to secure it and stop that initial bit of movement. I wonder if a nylon webbing strap or cord could anchor it to the bed frame? Bungee cords always have a bit of give and after taking a direct hit on the back of my hand when tensioning one up I’m wary, esp when I cannot see the already attached end!

I dont think it would take much to secure it and stop that initial bit of movement. I wonder if a nylon webbing strap or cord could anchor it to the bed frame? Bungee cords always have a bit of give and after taking a direct hit on the back of my hand when tensioning one up I’m wary, esp when I cannot see the already attached end!
I agree about the bungee hazard....... One of my wife's friends in permanently blind in one eye thanks to a bungee with hooks.

I bought a flying shock cord cleat and this can be tightened and loosened without the danger aspect! Seems to work a treat:

Tied elastic to the RIB frame!

1.jpg

Placed my perfectly sized box of stuff that lives the behind toilet as this allows toilet to be strapped at the front of the locker. (I also shimmed the latch a little to make the door latch tighter, as I could force the door open when latched after @Salty Spuds comment.)
2.jpg
3.jpg
Toilet in position with the cord tight. Doesn't move at all.

flying shock cord cleat
That’s a very cool thing. It will be handy to know about these.

I use ROK straps to achieve something similar to secure my 10l water tanks.
rok-straps-1.jpg

Back