To waterproof Pop Top or Not???

We used to use it on our fishing equipment,before modern textiles negated it's use.
If I remember rightly...we srayed it on with an atomizer,and then rubbed it in with a cloth.

I’ve just ordered some Fabsil Gold, how easy was it to apply.
Hi Carl, you may already received and applied the stuff but it went on easy.

just pour some into a separate container and apply with a brush, work your way along the canvas in the same direction maintaining the wet edge to prevent streaks.

Im away in the van as we speak - had a storm last night and got the inevitable seeping at the seem where the fly mesh meets the zip. Will try and source some seem sealer and report back!

Many thanks Frazman, today is our only decent day that I can have the roof up, so I’m going to make a start on it.

can I ask how you managed to do the front facing with the pop top up, I have the Hilo and it’s quite tall.

I use it on the roof of my convertible and just brush it on with a big paintbrush overlapping the wet edges. Dries perfect and beads well.

Well managed to get it all done this morning, so far so good and appears to make the pop top a little darker. A little goes a long way.

Not sure whether to put a 2nd coat on in a couple of weeks when the weather is good again.

Well managed to get it all done this morning, so far so good and appears to make the pop top a little darker. A little goes a long way.

Not sure whether to put a 2nd coat on in a couple of weeks when the weather is good again.
Hi Carl, sounds like you’ve managed just fine. I had to use a step ladder and did a lot of leaning and hoping I didn’t fall off!

. I ended up zipping down the front clear window and standing on the passenger seat folded down, that allowed me enough space to reach to the top.

Cover the van on the top edge as best you can for drips brush on with new 4inch paint brush as you do a section it’s important to rub in lightly with a cloth so there are no brush lines only do the once the silicone makes fabric slightly tougher and you don’t want it too stiff when it folds away hope that helps should take only one hour to do

Cover the van on the top edge as best you can for drips brush on with new 4inch paint brush as you do a section it’s important to rub in lightly with a cloth so there are no brush lines only do the once the silicone makes fabric slightly tougher and you don’t want it too stiff when it folds away hope that helps should take only one hour to do
Cheers @Stuart Docchar , very indepth how to, thank you. Think ill wait for decent weather thou, too many storms atm.

Back