To lower or Not?

Choice is yours depending on your intended use ? my preference was to go no lower van 30 eibachs as I didn't want any issues when camping if having to cross fields etc. Im really liking the standard height with steels and all terrain tyres at the moment, so this may be my next choice.

30mm lower was my thought although I do like the standard ride height as well, as I do a lot of Mway driving. So question does the handling change much with set up lowered 30mm witn standard steeleis?

I can only go on my own experience, I have 17s and lowered on the springs mentioned and I think the ride has improved, but everyone is different :thumbsup:

Would love to see a t32 on lowering springs with 18" wheels as I'm told the springs don't do much for the look

Heres my T32 with 18 sportlines and 40mm drop (H&R) some kit in the back but not much
IMG_6028.JPG

Its quite difficult to see the exact look in pictures, heres two pics of mine with no load in the vehicle other than rear seats and extra battery etc with the original wheels still on, both taken at the same time but from a slightly different angle/height.
One has a bit more light inside the front wheelarch the left pic makes the van look higher

IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2435.JPG

I lowered the T5 on 18s. Decided to stick with standard on 20s with the T6.

I like the standard ride height on 20s....stands taller and doesn't make the lwb look too long.

Comparison below.
View attachment 14114

Is that a standard panel van suspension setup albeit converted on 20s?? If so I am beginning to think not to even bother with lowering and just stick 20s rather than mess about with 18s and lowering.

@DavRob . Yes standard T32 suspension with 20's. Looks perfect. I brought the 30mm H&R Springs with the intention of lowering, decided against it once once the 20's were fitted.

Lowering causes significant increase in tyre wear on the inside. The wheels angle out and there is no way to correct this (I believe).

@DavRob . Yes standard T32 suspension with 20's. Looks perfect. I brought the 30mm H&R Springs with the intention of lowering, decided against it once once the 20's were fitted.

Lowering causes significant increase in tyre wear on the inside. The wheels angle out and there is no way to correct this (I believe).
Well thats it for me I am crossing lowering off the list has I would be happy with the look of just 20s on mine from looking at yours in that picture. Thanks!

Its definitely firmer, the ride is not great if you are running empty, T32 need some weight in the back to keep them settled
We generally run with little to nothing in the back, normally the odd mountain bike and small bits and im not really happy with it, not dissatisfied enough to go back to stock but think i will put B14s on it at some point before we do any big trips/go abroad next year.
Its a tricky one as i found the standard suspension to wallowy in the corners and didnt like it but find the springs (when empty) to much the other way and bounce off of speed bumps and potholes etc, i think the facts are if you dont want to spend big bucks on coilovers then its a compromise one way or the other !

Back