Tinting The Oem Window To Match Aftermarket.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have put a deposit down on a T6 that has rear window but its not very dark. The seller is going to get it tinted for me. (Im guessing with a film.)

He has just asked if they should tint it as dark as possible.

I've looked on a couple of websites eg Camper Glass but I can't find the % tint of window they use.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

It was difficult to get any specs off the guy i am going to get to do mine. He was just banging on about uv protection percentages and thermals or something. I was playing imaginary frogger with the passing traffic going by while he was spouting this off. Turns out he has three different shades, Limo (which is the darkest and pretty hard to see in but still gives light in the van) and two others which he did name and i have forgot. Lets call them sunset and sunrise. I shouldn't take the piss really. It is nice to see people who take pride in what they do.
I went for the darkest purely so people can't see in the van really.

Limo is 95% Tint. Thats what I have on the rear and side windows then 45% on Drivers and passengers.

Legally I believe so, I have checked and I think I have 55%. Never been an issue but it probably would be if involved in an accident!

Back